• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Taking on multiple projects with same client"

Collapse

• yasockie
    replied
    I'm tempted to do the same thing, but in my case, the two projects are loosely related and the financing is somewhat separate from PM, so my concern is the guy from Project A might think, now that we have you 5 days a week, you should probably deliver more and the guys from Project B takes the same stance.
    I have, in the past taken concurrent contract and it required a lot of juggling, wan't that much more profitable than 1 full-time one, but it definitely teaches you a lot about GTD, managing your time and priorities and you get experience and build up a portfolio twice as fast.
    If I had a choice and wanted to do two contracts, I'd much prefer getting them from two different clients.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Ok, I suspect this is one for NLUK
    Who's your daddyyyyyy!

I'm engaged as PM to pick up and manage 2 projects. I'm now being asked to pick up 2 more, and one of the original ones is being dropped.

From IR35 how would you go about this so it doesnt like there is a perm role?
    If it looks like a duck and quacks a like a duck a contract won't make it a purple baboon ™

FYI I'm also refusing one of the new projects, but would like to take the other as this means not having to go back on the bench... So that covers an element of D&C. I'm only being offered the additional projects as I'm the only technical resource with the relevant skills, this is not because the other project has fallen through - MOO.
    I am not sure refusing it alone will work for D&C. When a permie gets given multiple projects they could also have the option of chosing which to do. The fact the client offered you could demonstrate how they treat you.

How is your contract worded? Is it per project?

Seems pretty straightforward to fix though. The original piece of work you were contracted to do has ended, so according to the schedule you should have had on your original piece of work, so has your contract. To continue in the currect contract with no new deliverables is highly likely an IR35 fail. You have to start again with a new schedule and deliverables. Personally I would attempt to get the client to give me official notice of termination of the contract and start again with a new one. I have to say I am not sure if continuing a contract but just changing the schedule counts? I wouldn't be comfortable under this.

The other option would be to write a schedule that the work you do is to provide PM services to the client and this would include multiple projects at your discretion but would have to be very carefully worded to make it look like you are a consultancy rather than generic T&M or something?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I have multiple projects within the same bigco. The projects are entirely seperate, in different departments, with their own contracts. All they want is the job done - they don't care how much I have to do for the other projects - it's my call to sort it out.

It does mean that sometimes I have to negotiate delivery dates so I can fit it all in.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    started a topic Taking on multiple projects with same client

Taking on multiple projects with same client

Ok, I suspect this is one for NLUK

I'm engaged as PM to pick up and manage 2 projects. I'm now being asked to pick up 2 more, and one of the original ones is being dropped.

From IR35 how would you go about this so it doesnt like there is a perm role?

FYI I'm also refusing one of the new projects, but would like to take the other as this means not having to go back on the bench... So that covers an element of D&C. I'm only being offered the additional projects as I'm the only technical resource with the relevant skills, this is not because the other project has fallen through - MOO.

Working...
X