• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rate Cuts - Banking - London"

Collapse

• swamp
    replied
    If all contractors at a particular site were to argue, say, for various pointless IR35 amendments to their new contracts, then HR and Legal and the agencies would find themselves tied in knots arguing and rejecting all the proposed changes. No doubt they would still drive through their rate cut, but they may think twice about doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    No collusion required, just check this board once in a while. "oh look other banks are getting away with slashing contractor rates, lets do the same"

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyQuinn
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Collusion needs to be stamped out. All of you should walk out of your jobs now and take a stand especially those in the Glasgow area in .NET related roles.
    In case you forgot, you don't have JOB with the bank. Your only JOB is with your own company and you don't want you walk out of it.

Collusion is an offence if its regarding fixing price for customers. Not about reducing costs from vendors.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Can rate cuts be used as an IR35 defence. Just looking for a silver lining.

I suppose it reduces your CT liability

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Speaking to BNP Paribas contractors this avo, none have heard of the 15% cut????

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Not on that list, thankfully. No rate cuts here for any contractors. And no, I'm not saying which IB.
    Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    But it's not an oligopoly market, no siree, no, not at all. They're all independent banks working completely independently from each other and not sharing details between each other that allows them to shaft everyone who isn't a bank.
    Or, one bank does it and the others figure they can clearly do the same and get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Credit Suisse

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    Did you get a call this morning? One of the last IBs to act has just cut 10%.

Credit Suisse 10% cuts out today I take it

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Intersting though that only banks are cutting rates for existing contractors, and by the same amount, isn't it...
    Collusion needs to be stamped out. All of you should walk out of your jobs now and take a stand especially those in the Glasgow area in .NET related roles.

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Intersting though that only banks are cutting rates for existing contractors, and by the same amount, isn't it...
    But it's not an oligopoly market, no siree, no, not at all. They're all independent banks working completely independently from each other and not sharing details between each other that allows them to shaft everyone who isn't a bank.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Is it really the banks or is it driven by the agents increasing their margin?
    Most agents for IBs are on a fixed margin - one of the conditions of being on the PSL.

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Not on that list, thankfully. No rate cuts here for any contractors. And no, I'm not saying which IB.
    Did you get a call this morning? One of the last IBs to act has just cut 10%.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Current IB ClientCo, who I was also with in 2008 were late to the rate cut party last time, so am waiting with bated breath.

It was 15% cut at the 6 month mark in a 12 month contract in 2008, after an 11% rise at renewal.

GL All.

Do I have the balls/stupidity to walk, I think not. Take the cut and start looking.

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I think not, the banks I've been at have a fixed % contract with the agent.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by Crack Addick View Post
    I believe Hays were the ones leading this little initiative.

Leave a comment:

• Crack Addick
    replied
    I believe Hays were the ones leading this little initiative.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X