• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Average Rate for Java Developer"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by 7of9 View Post
    I would say Java related which includes everything you listed. It’s a very general question, but the key word is 'average'.
    In that case asking a few individuals here is not going to help, that will give a much more useless average than the site already mentioned. What do you expect us to say which is more trustworthy than data covering hundreds of contracts?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    So do a lot of other languages. And I have not met anyone who only knows one language.
    Well then, you haven't met me yet.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Itjobswatch is a good start but only a very broad guide

Do multiple searches on the main jobsites to get a viewpoint & see similar jobs e.g. Java Contract Jobs
    because it depends primarily on the job role and your experience - plus of course the agent / your negotiating skills, length of contract etc
    thanks for the link, Saptastic

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Java in London, £500pd shouldn't be a problem if you know your stuff Maybe a bit more if you can land an IB role.
    Thanks Scrag Meister.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What do you mean by "Java"? Java core language for server apps, J2EE, or Hibernate, Spring and all the other established frameworks?
    I would say Java related which includes everything you listed. It’s a very general question, but the key word is 'average'.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Java by itself is one of those easily Bobshored skills, so I would be wary if it is your main skillset.
    So do a lot of other languages. And I have not met anyone who only knows one language.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Java by itself is one of those easily Bobshored skills, so I would be wary if it is your main skillset.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hi All,

What is the average rate for a J2EE developer in Cambridge? What about London?

Many thanks,
    What do you mean by "Java"? Java core language for server apps, J2EE, or Hibernate, Spring and all the other established frameworks?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Hi All,

Many thanks,
    Itjobswatch is a good start but only a very broad guide

Do multiple searches on the main jobsites to get a viewpoint & see similar jobs e.g. Java Contract Jobs
    because it depends primarily on the job role and your experience - plus of course the agent / your negotiating skills, length of contract etc

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Java in London, £500pd shouldn't be a problem if you know your stuff Maybe a bit more if you can land an IB role.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    You have checked IT Jobs Watch which is a good start but really, how long is a piece of string? How much experience do you have? What is the project you will work on?

Clients will pay more for someone with exactly the right skills that they know will fit in with their company to work on a complex project, less if they think they can spec up the job and outsource it with much cheapness to India. The rate is officially "whatever you can get", but the 325-375 is probably in the right ball park.

Ask the client how much they are paying the agency when you do the interview to make sure you both don't get ripped off by the agency taking a massive margin.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If you really good and know everything about Java in an out you might get more than 350, if you are really crap,well, not sure what you might ge.
    you talk about cambridge? I notice that there are not many contractor jobs in Cambridge. But in London, there are tons....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    If you really good and know everything about Java in an out you might get more than 350, if you are really crap,well, not sure what you might ge.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    replied
    I was told by my agency its 325-375 in cambridge in 2010, which I believe its a lie as my contractor friend said its too low for java developer even in cambridge.

But according to this website http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/contrac...bridge/j2ee.do

Average is 300 over the last three months. But 425 same period last year.
    Last edited by 7of9; 22 March 2011, 21:01.

Leave a comment:

• 7of9
    started a topic Average Rate for Java Developer

Average Rate for Java Developer

Hi All,

Many thanks,

Working...
X