• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Westbourne Partners - London Finance - Beware"

Collapse

• Knightnight
    replied
    Westbourne partners

If you try to find a job with this company consider tiwice.They offered me pay my travel and accomondation expenses for the interview but they didnt even pay me travel expenses and never reply my mail any more.I was lucky because i didnt take an accomondation

If you are offered same things,get expenses in advance.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Agreed, contact client, say you enjoyed meeting, looked like a good project etc. bit dissapointed about the rate being cut.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    What Zippy Said....Find a contact within the company and let it slip what happened...I've done it before with an agency messing around, spoke to hiring manager, he knew what goes on and told them to sort it out pronto. They broke any misgivings about professional conduct by messing about with the rate. Hate to say it...but the others are right, don't whinge, do something about it, hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedAussie
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You go for the interview based on the rate the agent offered. If 'the client won't pay that' tell 'em to feck off. Their financial arrangement with the client is not your problem.

If you have a direct client contact you might consider contacting them to extend your regrets and that you couldn't agree terms with the agent, as they had changed the agreement by £x. I couldn't condone this of course, as I'm sure it is a breach of confidentiality ...
    Problem is if you are wrong you look like a bit of a tit.
    Problem is a lot of these guys will say 'TOP RATE' without specifying the number until after the first interview

Then they try and squeeze you for more

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    I know with certainty that bank did not change the rate but these guys were trying to cream the rate
    You go for the interview based on the rate the agent offered. If 'the client won't pay that' tell 'em to feck off. Their financial arrangement with the client is not your problem.

If you have a direct client contact you might consider contacting them to extend your regrets and that you couldn't agree terms with the agent, as they had changed the agreement by £x. I couldn't condone this of course, as I'm sure it is a breach of confidentiality ...
    Problem is if you are wrong you look like a bit of a tit.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedAussie
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yup more likely the bank I think. If you don't already have a contract think carefully before turning it down, looks like the reason for the unexpected cut is the market is going sour.
    I know with certainty that bank did not change the rate but these guys were trying to cream the rate

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But you are a guinea pig so it is expected
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I've got good business contacts with Westbourne - send me £100 and I can definitely fix it for you.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    These guys are total jokers - They will send you for interviews and cut the rate last minute.

I would stay well away from them

PM me if you want more details
    I've got good business contacts with Westbourne - send me £100 and I can definitely fix it for you.

Leave a comment:

• ItsQuickerAntiClockwise
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And this is new how? All agents do it or have tried it at some point.

Sorry to be harsh but judging by some of your previous posts your reputation isn't exactly one to be taking advice from right at the moment...

Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board.
    Ive got to agree with the Big Fella (aka Northern Lad) on this one.

All your posts seem to be about being fearful of being audited and being ripped off by someone or the other.

Seems to me youre someone who sails close to the wind and sometimes you get burnt. You also sound like someone who moans a lot. Youre not exactly representative of us Aussies.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    "Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board. "

Well I've managed so far without doing any of that
    But you are a gerbil so it is expected
    Last edited by northernladuk; 23 September 2010, 16:28. Reason: last joke was crap... probably like this one

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    "Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board. "

Well I've managed so far without doing any of that
    Last edited by Pogle; 23 September 2010, 16:21. Reason: to add quote

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    These guys are total jokers - They will send you for interviews and cut the rate last minute.

I would stay well away from them

PM me if you want more details
    And this is new how? All agents do it or have tried it at some point.

Sorry to be harsh but judging by some of your previous posts your reputation isn't exactly one to be taking advice from right at the moment...

Post some interesting stuff, show us you have a grasp of contracting, accounting etc then add value to the board.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Yup more likely the bank I think. If you don't already have a contract think carefully before turning it down, looks like the reason for the unexpected cut is the market is going sour.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Too bad to hear that, but that's just the way some people do business and I wouldn't necessarily blame the agency for the rate cut either....

Good luck with the job hunting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X