• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Shell contract

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shell contract"

Collapse

• ribble
    replied
    £500 / day and all expenses paid... I'm not complaining...

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
    Rate's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.
    Well done and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Soled73
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Personally I have found it impossible to get into Shell locally in the NW (Stanlow) it seems you need to know folks already in there. On the rare occasions I have been offered a stab at anything there, I've declined as the rates were poor. There seems to be an attitude that you're lucky Shell will give you a contract, you need to be grateful.
    Rate's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Personally I have found it impossible to get into Shell locally in the NW (Stanlow) it seems you need to know folks already in there. On the rare occasions I have been offered a stab at anything there, I've declined as the rates were poor. There seems to be an attitude that you're lucky Shell will give you a contract, you need to be grateful.

Leave a comment:

• StellaFan
    replied
    I've been there for 7 years and was almost leaving at the end of the year - got a stay of execution
    It really does depend what project you are working on - loads have been let go recently, especially permies

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Have worked in the industry but not directly with Shell. Any time I've heard them mentioned, it's been as one of the better companies to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Soled73
    replied
    Cheers for the positive comments.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
    I've just been put forward for a Shell contract, for 6 months, and it all sounds quite promising.

Aparently they're going through a vast amount of infrastrucutre, treasury application change.

Anyone already there? Any views? What's the liklehood of an extension?
    Got put forward to them twice in the last 6 months. Both times, the projects were canned. Not sure if budgets have improved for them recently. Best of luck.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• Flopsy
    replied
    Worked there under contract (both Waterloo and Strand) and had both renewed. Felt like a "lifer" after a while.

Shell seemed to go through the IT normal cycles of

1. In house - let's hire permies and contractors
    2. Let's outsource now - everyone fired
    3. Oh, let's bring it all Inhouse - everyone hired again

Recently I have heard of lost of permies being made redundent. They even sold off a lot of thir company houses in Surrey.

No idea of the contractor situation now. They may have sacked too many permies and now need their roles filled.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Who are you going to see there? I know him, the name is on the tip of my tongue.

What are your references like? Give us their names and we'll tell you if they are good or not.
    OH FFS!
    Just provoked a loud involuntary splutter laugh and lots of turned heads. 8 mins to go, must keep head down.................

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Take one of Ken Saro-Wiwa's books along to the interview, it will show you've done your homework.
    Or someone royal and Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Take one of Ken Saro-Wiwa's books along to the interview, it will show you've done your homework.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Who are you going to see there? I know him, the name is on the tip of my tongue.

What are your references like? Give us their names and we'll tell you if they are good or not.

OH FFS!
    Wrong

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

OH FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Most is Netherlands based AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X