• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Prince2

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Prince2"

Collapse

• TobyA
    replied
    PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner free sample questions

There are a few sites offering free sample Foundation exam questions, such as

PRINCE2 Quiz « Silicon Beach Training Resources
    PRINCE2 home page
    PRINCE2 Foundation Quiz

However, sample questions for the Practitioner exam seem to be a little harder to come by, presumably because the exam itself is not as straightforward.

As a general tip, the official manual is all-important!

Toby

Leave a comment:

• ThePRINCE2coach
    replied
    Download The PRINCE2 Training Manual

This is a full PRINCE2 manual for people who wish to learn PRINCE2. The objective is to make it as easy as possible to learn and understand PRINCE2
    We do this by
    1. Using simple English and explain PRINCE2 terms with examples
    2. Provide examples of documents used in a project.
    3. Provide in PDF format making it easy to search
    4. Provide questions at the end of each chapter,….

Link: The PRINCE2 Training Manual

How is our Training Manual different from the official OGC PRINCE2 manual?
    * The OGC manual is a very good reference manual but not a training manual
    * This manual provides more examples and explains all new terms in a simple way.
    * This manual therefore supports the official OGC PRINCE2 manual.

Link: How to Self Study Foundation
    Link: How to Self Study Practitioner

[Mod]Hi Frank, I had to consider this post before letting it through. As it is a help to readers I let it pass but this is the last time I do. Please read the forum's T&Cs regarding advertising. If you want to contribute to the forum please ask Admin to change your I'd to [email protected], that way you can promote your company as well. [/Mod]

Leave a comment:

• jaydean
    replied
    Yip he hit them with the business case

Originally posted by PRINCE2 of Darkness View Post

Shall I tell you how it ends? The systems integrator done it.

It is a VERY hard book to study from; it is really a well-organised reference work. A course is the best way to get Practitioner.

As for the Foundation, if you are a grown up and have worked on a project where the PM is using PRINCE2 you will pass the exam by osmosis.

Leave a comment:

• PRINCE2 of Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    This is the most boring load of rubbish I have ever read. I found it very hard to read more than a few pages without losing interest.
    It is a VERY hard book to study from; it is really a well-organised reference work. A course is the best way to get Practitioner.

As for the Foundation, if you are a grown up and have worked on a project where the PM is using PRINCE2 you will pass the exam by osmosis.
    Last edited by PRINCE2 of Darkness; 6 March 2010, 23:39.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Buy the new book from amazon and rather than going straight for the foundation, get the practitoner certification, as many gigs are starting to call for it again.

The new book that came out recently seems to be a lot more streamlined, so those of you doing the certification are lucky.

For the foundation, read through teh material, if you can get summary of each chapter that helps and practice, practice, practice the questions over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    I got my company to buy me this when I was a permie. (The 2005 version.)

This is the most boring load of rubbish I have ever read. I found it very hard to read more than a few pages without losing interest.

And Im someone who can read Microsoft reference books and find them interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jaydean
    replied
    prince2

You can also get the book from ebay.co.uk , make sure you buy the 2009 edition.

I got mine for £35 including delivery, but you can purchase PDF copies for less than £10

For exam prep material, and a guide to what pages to read on the above book I used a online study guide http://www.selfstudy.org.uk ( £18 )

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I would advise Amazon for the book. Seems to be the cheapest place to purchase:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Managing-Suc...0409101&sr=8-1

The website also sells it and advises of other texts to read:

http://www.apmgroup.co.uk/home/home.asp

Hope that helps!

I should add yes the Practitioner is now multiple choice.

Leave a comment:

• jaydean
    replied
    Prince2

Unfortunately all the material I have seen is for the older revision of PRINCE2, and it is close to useless. If you are studying make sure it is the newer revision, otherwise it will be a false economy.

I personally prefer self study, as I do not have to take time off and learn at my own pace.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Look for Prince2 Torrents and other free resources. I passed the foundation by just learning the past papers parrot fashion and easily passed. No reading books or anything else. Doddle. Some professional qualification that was supposed to be.

Are you just going for the exam or doing a course?

Bearing in mind you can claim the expense back against your tax why not go for whole hog and do the Practitioner as well. It is only a few days more and it's tipped the scales for at least one gig for me as we were delivering in to a larger project.

Leave a comment:

• jaydean
    replied
    PRINCE2 sample questions and study material

If you are planning to take the PRINCE2 exams, the old 2005 revision tests will only be available until April 2010.

If you are getting ready to study PRINCE2 then the 2009 revision is probably the best choice (it is a simpler exam and perhaps a shorter method).

I used was a selfstudy site to certify, it had the relevant online test questions for the Foundation and Practitioner tests for about a fiver. It has both 2009 and 2005 format exams. The site is http://www.itquick.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Anyone knows where to download prince2 ebooks?

Leave a comment:

• valluvan
    replied
    Thanks Frank.Will take a look at it

Leave a comment:

• ThePRINCE2coach
    replied
    PRINCE2 Podcasts - Prepare for exam (FREE)

I am working on a Podcast for PRINCE2, perhaps you will find this interesting and it is FREE to download:

PRINCE2 Pod Cast Course (3 Chapters):
    - http://www.iplazza.eu/?page_id=71

Learn PRINCE2 Thru Questions:
    - http://www.iplazza.eu/?page_id=113

The Learn Thru PRINCE2 is a great way to pre pare for the exams and I will continue to work on more podcasts
    Regards
    Frank Turley
    http://www.MgmtPlaza.com/

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I would advise Amazon for the book. Seems to be the cheapest place to purchase:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Managing-Suc...0409101&sr=8-1

The website also sells it and advises of other texts to read:

http://www.apmgroup.co.uk/home/home.asp

Hope that helps!

I should add yes the Practitioner is now multiple choice.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 16 August 2009, 07:59.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    I found the Prince2 Practitioner exam fairly difficult and you do really have to understand the underlying principles. I think having that qualification on your CV is proof of the deeper knowledge of the subject and I have found recruitment consultants ask which level of certificate I have.
    Someone can probably advise but I believe the P2 Practitioner exam is now multiple choice, same as the Foundation exam. It used to be open book written answers of 3 hours duration.

Either way it is not that difficult if you familiarise yourself with the book and which sections are contained where.
    Last edited by kaiser78; 15 August 2009, 19:30. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X