• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clients 5S Processes"

Collapse

• Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Filthy mind, messy drawers.
    Filthy drawers - euuwww!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by opc View Post
    Tidy desk, messy drawers.
    Filthy mind, messy drawers.

Leave a comment:

• opc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Smile sweetly....

Life ain't too bad is it, if that's all you've got to worry about, Shirely?

Tidy desk tidy mind!

T
    You are not wrong. Tidy desk, messy drawers.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Smile sweetly....

Life ain't too bad is it, if that's all you've got to worry about, Shirely?

Tidy desk tidy mind!

T

Leave a comment:

• opc
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    Honestly, my view on this is if they want to pay your rate to have you tidy your desk, just pack up 10 minutes before the end of the day and take no more calls. Put it in your calendar as 'busy' and do the same at the start of the day. Easy money!
    Hourly paid mate....I just disagree in principle with being told how to organise myself by a Hitler with a tidy desk photo.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Honestly, my view on this is if they want to pay your rate to have you tidy your desk, just pack up 10 minutes before the end of the day and take no more calls. Put it in your calendar as 'busy' and do the same at the start of the day. Easy money!
    WHS

It's just a clientco procedure, a daft one admittedly which probably earned some consultant a nice wedge.

I certainly don't see it as an IR35 indicator or anything worth getting excited about.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheVoice
    replied
    Just say b***ocks!

You're not there to worry about the state of your desk.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    To be honest, it doesn't sound too onerous.

Leave a comment:

• opc
    replied
    Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
    seriously just ignore.... have a professional desk layout with all the stuff you need - if anyone complains then explain that its a working enviroment - if they dont want you working as efficiently as you can then you could always work from home
    Exactly my tactic - it's up to me to know how to organise myself professionally (which is why I fear IR35 implications if I comply with them telling me how to organise myself).

They are threatening to "evict" me from my desk (and turn it into a hot desk) if I don't comply. I only have a desk there to help them with a particular project. I have plenty of other work at other desks and offices I can be getting on with.

Leave a comment:

• opc
    replied
    Can you just put stuff under the desk?
    Yes...or in the drawers.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I operate a cold-desking policy. When one desk is covered with print outs, documents, plastic cups, sandwich wrappers etc., I just move onto the next.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Never leave anything on your desk anyway. Family photos, gonks etc. are for the client's staff to mark their territory.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Can you just put stuff under the desk?
    ..better still, store your stuff on the desk of someone that is a constant pain in the ass...

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    just leave a bloody mess every day on your desk - collect you marks then ask if you get a prize for being the highest

seriously just ignore.... have a professional desk layout with all the stuff you need - if anyone complains then explain that its a working enviroment - if they dont want you working as efficiently as you can then you could always work from home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X