• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agents naming the client"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    The paternalistic approach that these graduate-in-media-studies-******-trainee-recruitment-"consultant"-***** have where everything is MY client and it's MY client and they must look after the relationship ...

...******* do-one, you wink stains.
    Have you fallen for this one by any chance? (I know I have in the past )

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    The paternalistic approach that these graduate-in-media-studies-******-trainee-recruitment-"consultant"-***** have where everything is MY client and it's MY client and they must look after the relationship ...

...******* do-one, you wank stains.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I will not agree to my CV going anywhere unless I know where it is going, and that's final as far as I'm concerned. There are several client co's that I wouldn't want my CV to go to. Anyway, there's probably an 70 to 80% chance I know about it anyway if it's a local-ish gig or in an area where I have good contacts so I can usually guess and say to the agent "oh, it's the job at so-and-so Ltd then".

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    http://www.egos.co.uk/FAQ/20040930_E...troduction.pdf

Closest I could find was 9.2.1.2 but don't think that's exactly what you are looking for.

Link for the regs is on this page if you fancy trawling through it.
    Cheers, I'll take a peek.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    She's just trying to stop your mate going direct. She wouldn't tell him the client until he agreed to be represented soley by them for this role I should imagine, rather than agreeing to be put forward.
    See what you're saying, but that's not his impression of the conversation - though it might have been hers. He just wanted to know who it was so he didn't cross his wires, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    she wouldn't tell him till he agreed to be put forward.

Dumb I know.
    She's just trying to stop your mate going direct. She wouldn't tell him the client until he agreed to be represented soley by them for this role I should imagine, rather than agreeing to be put forward.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    http://www.egos.co.uk/FAQ/20040930_E...troduction.pdf

Closest I could find was 9.2.1.2 but don't think that's exactly what you are looking for.

Link for the regs is on this page if you fancy trawling through it.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    started a topic Agents naming the client

Agents naming the client

Just a quickie.

I was having a conversation with a mate last night, who's relatively new to contracting, who'd just had an agent not put him forward for a job because he wanted to know who it was for first and she wouldn't tell him till he agreed to be put forward.

Dumb I know.

Can't find the relevant bit of legisaltion but pretty sure they're legally obliged to tell you (Apart from all the other obvious reasons why they should).

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Working...
X