• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to Minimize Corporation Tax?"

Collapse

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    Did he mean fat?
    I hope not ... but each to their own.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    There are just 2 certainties - death and taxes - and you can't avoid either.
    If you make money then you pay tax - that is the deal.

Take turnover, deduct Salary & employers NI, pension, and legitimate business expenses - the rest is profit - and you pay corporation tax on it.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    .. fast cars .. shiny women ?

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Did he mean fat?

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Blow it all on shiny cars,mac computers, fast women, expensive holidays
    and put it all on the company account

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Blow it all on shiny cars,mac computers, fast women, expensive holidays
    and put it all on the company account

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Generally, it's 21% of your profit.
    Quality

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    You can pay zero corporation tax. Just pay everything out of the company to yourself as salary. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    Originally posted by nav1 View Post
    Hi All,

would like to have expert advice on how to minimize the CT. i have recently finished 1st year of my company, and got companies account from accoutant today. Apart from pension what other options are available to minimize this tax?

-Thanks
    nav1
    Go back to being a permie

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by nav1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply..

any idea how much CT a company pays on an average. i mean new start-up IT Contractor's self Ltd company(i know it's bit stupid question), just a rough idea

-Thanks
    Nav1
    Generally, it's 21% of your profit.

Leave a comment:

• nav1
    replied
    Thanks for the reply..

any idea how much CT a company pays on an average. i mean new start-up IT Contractor's self Ltd company(i know it's bit stupid question), just a rough idea

-Thanks
    Nav1

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    reduce your daily rate, and hence your turnover, to match exactly your pre-tax costs (salary and allowable expenses).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Make less profit.

Run an expensive showy company car
    Buy computer kit and software, training courses, professional subscriptions, etc

PS. Paying corp tax is better than paying higher rate income tax + NI

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Just accept the fact you will have to pay some tax and get on with your life. I know too many contractors who stress the hell out of themselves worrying about how to shave another fiver off their tax bill...
    It's only really worth the effort if you can shave 5k off your tax bill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X