• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to Minimize Corporation Tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Minimize Corporation Tax?

Hi All,

would like to have expert advice on how to minimize the CT. i have recently finished 1st year of my company, and got companies account from accoutant today. Apart from pension what other options are available to minimize this tax?

-Thanks
    nav1

Pay all of your income out as salary.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Business meals, vaguely related industry conferences in the South of France, lot of electronic IT junk; just make sure your costs are high and your profits low.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just accept the fact you will have to pay some tax and get on with your life. I know too many contractors who stress the hell out of themselves worrying about how to shave another fiver off their tax bill...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Just accept the fact you will have to pay some tax and get on with your life. I know too many contractors who stress the hell out of themselves worrying about how to shave another fiver off their tax bill...
          It's only really worth the effort if you can shave 5k off your tax bill.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Make less profit.

Run an expensive showy company car
            Buy computer kit and software, training courses, professional subscriptions, etc

PS. Paying corp tax is better than paying higher rate income tax + NI

Comment

reduce your daily rate, and hence your turnover, to match exactly your pre-tax costs (salary and allowable expenses).

Comment

Thanks for the reply..

any idea how much CT a company pays on an average. i mean new start-up IT Contractor's self Ltd company(i know it's bit stupid question), just a rough idea

-Thanks
                Nav1

Comment

Originally posted by nav1 View Post
                  Thanks for the reply..

any idea how much CT a company pays on an average. i mean new start-up IT Contractor's self Ltd company(i know it's bit stupid question), just a rough idea

-Thanks
                  Nav1
                  Generally, it's 21% of your profit.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X