• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""HMRC Aspire" (Capgemini) project..???"

Collapse

• Flubster
    replied
    Seems CG are falling being on one of the projects, so a special team is being brought together (PM, Technical Lead, several developers) in order to try and bring the project back on track. Jumal is being asked to resource this team. I think the PM is one of their permie guys.

This is part of one their SAS project, but won't know much more until I go for my face-to-face tomorrow (had a phone interview last night).

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I actually had a PM role there all sorted and ready to go, and it got canned at the last minute (almost literally). Last I heard they were bringing in CapG people from outside the UK to keep things going. Are they hiring again?

Leave a comment:

• Sundial
    replied
    I have some experience in this...go for it if you want longeivity. Get in there, pay your bills, get out (longeivity is not to be knocked, of course)

Anything else, forget it.
    Last edited by Sundial; 12 August 2009, 09:27. Reason: Needed to explain

Leave a comment:

• Billy Pilgrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Just to change tack slightly, I'm being put forward for a role through Jumar Solutions to work on the Cap Gemini Aspire project in Somerset House. Anyone here either workign through Jumar or on Aspire that could give me some helpful insight.

I've been on the bench since end-May and quite keen to get off it soon, but only if it's a good'un.
    Cap Gemini Aspire project is like a black hole -- once you get on it you'll struggle to get off -- which is GOOD in times like these.

I'm working just over the road from Somerset House on the CG Aspire account - via Jumar !!

Leave a comment:

• dezze
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Just to change tack slightly, I'm being put forward for a role through Jumar Solutions to work on the Cap Gemini Aspire project in Somerset House. Anyone here either workign through Jumar or on Aspire that could give me some helpful insight.

I've been on the bench since end-May and quite keen to get off it soon, but only if it's a good'un.
    I worked through Jumar for about 5 years and found them to be very good. Not on the Aspire project thou.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Telford I reckon - EDS used to have it and I think it's Elan.
    Ha, EDS! I know someone, called dave wilson who was promoted there beyond his capabilities. Absolute arsehole imho.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by pkalluri View Post
    I am not sure of other projects but the CTF (child trust fund ) project based in java technolgies is based at benton park in newcastle.Security clearance,interview will be be done by capgemini.
    Security Clearance just to work on a progam that calculates how much money to give someone, that's nuts.

No wonder there are so many jobs requireing it.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Billy Pilgrim
    replied
    Originally posted by dezze View Post
    Doesn't Jumar Solutions still supply people to this project?
    yes

Leave a comment:

• dezze
    replied
    Doesn't Jumar Solutions still supply people to this project?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    It is indeed Elan.

Leave a comment:

• pkalluri
    replied
    I am not sure of other projects but the CTF (child trust fund ) project based in java technolgies is based at benton park in newcastle.Security clearance,interview will be be done by capgemini.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    yes it's Elan

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    started a topic "HMRC Aspire" (Capgemini) project..???

"HMRC Aspire" (Capgemini) project..???

Which agency handles "HMRC Aspire" (Capgemini) project..??
    where this project based..??

Let me know any one have this info..

Working...
X