• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "interview tomorrow......"

Collapse

• denver2k
    replied
    What you'll bring to this role or company.....(apart from sucking up most of the budget)

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    oh, and no "why do you want to work here" permy-type questions after all!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I have been at my current job for years without a break. During that time my employer has had me work on contracts for several clients.

Would you like a reference from a Director?
    that's my favourite so far. Wasn't there a thread on here a while back discussing CV's and someone suggested having just one company, your own, and the contracts listed as projects?

Interview went well, not particularly difficult or technical, nice chat and discussion about the project, but harder to tell how it went. We'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    yep......anymore?

I see you were at your previous job for only 6 months? Why so short a time? Why did you leave?
    I have been at my current job for years without a break. During that time my employer has had me work on contracts for several clients.

Would you like a reference from a Director?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Hahaha! I had that very question at Yorkshire Electricity! Asked them if there was some mistake as I understood the role was contract and I wasnt considering permiedom!
    But you could a argue a good contractor has his choice of contracts to pick from.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Best of luck

We seem to have a run good run of the "unbenched" at the minute, hope you keep the stats up!

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Make sure you've got your "three strengths and three weaknesses" ready!
    ...and where you want to be in 10 years time!

Last edited by AZZIK; 12 February 2009, 10:50. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    ...includes an HR Manager

i can almost hear the "So why do you want to work here" question coming
    "So I can brag to all the permanent employees about how brilliant my contractor lifestyle is?"

Ahhh...

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Hahaha! I had that very question at Yorkshire Electricity! Asked them if there was some mistake as I understood the role was contract and I wasnt considering permiedom!
    I've never had that question for a contract role before, and your statement is the first thing that came to mind as a response

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Best of luck. Be sure to let us know how we get on.
    Cheers!

as it happens I don't have the best feeling about it even going in.

There was some confusion initially about whether it was a day rate contract, or a fixed-term contract pro-rata

but I am being put forward at an acceptable daily rate, so I guess we'll see what happens

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    yep......anymore?

I see you were at your previous job for only 6 months? Why so short a time? Why did you leave?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    ...includes an HR Manager

i can almost hear the "So why do you want to work here" question coming

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    A good answer for that one in your case is "So that I can learn how to capitalise and punctuate".

Irresistible opportunity sorry, but you did rather beg for it on a previous thread.
    sigh!
    still can't believe people got so bent of shape about that

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Best of luck. Be sure to let us know how we get on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X