• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Preparing for a behavioural interview"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Why are people posting questions for what is clearly a permie interview on a contractor site!?

No self respecting contractor would ever submit to such a thing, would they?
    This isn't out of the ordinary for Project Managers or Consultants. These aren't personality tests but (hopefully) properly conducted interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Why are people posting questions for what is clearly a permie interview on a contractor site!?

behavioural interview ??? WTF

This question should be re-posted on Permie UK

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by scaryfast View Post
    I've got a behavioural interview coming up and I'm preparing for the questions they might ask.

Have you any examples of IT (Software Development) based behavioural interview questions?

All the ones I've found have been Sales oriented (yawn)...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Best way to prepare is to not be too hungover from the night before.
    Rubbish. I passed my CISSP with a hangover. And I wore my sunglasses through it all...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Interviews aren't as bad as questionaires/tests but still dumb if you're primarily a technical contractor.

Just be yourself...
    Last edited by cojak; 26 September 2008, 08:46.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I did know a guy fail a personality test due to conflicting answers.
    But that's what user requirements are like!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Best way to prepare is to not be too hungover from the night before.

At the start of my 20 year IT career, having just got a degree in IT, I failed an IT aptitude test for that reason.

I did know a guy fail a personality test due to conflicting answers. But he was very weird.

Leave a comment:

• scaryfast
    started a topic Preparing for a behavioural interview

Preparing for a behavioural interview

I've got a behavioural interview coming up and I'm preparing for the questions they might ask.

Have you any examples of IT (Software Development) based behavioural interview questions?

All the ones I've found have been Sales oriented (yawn)...

Working...
X