• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rate Check

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rate Check"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by AZZIK
    I think I need a career change I get 250 a day as a clinical database designer for pharma companies which is nothing compare to most of you.
    There are some here that get £0 / day ... so £250 is not really that bad

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    replied
    Originally posted by swissmike
    Or just do everything twice as above and get 500 a day!!

Good call, LOL

Leave a comment:

• swissmike
    replied
    Originally posted by AZZIK
    I think I need a career change I get 250 a day as a clinical database designer for pharma companies which is nothing compare to most of you.
    Or just do everything twice as above and get 500 a day!!

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Thanks for all your comments guys...

It appears that perhaps I've negotiated better than I thought I had, as in my contracts so far I've been about £100 off these rates which from what you are saying is actually pretty good. Mind you, I have only worked for large corporates so far which might have a bearing.

I'm interested in the 'Consultancy paying better than PM' comment...I have always considered that my rate should reflect the amount of responsibility I am taking, that is how it worked in the Permie world.

On reflection, the one I think I have overcooked is the PMO...I now think that it should fall into the lowest bracket. However, I will review them all based on your feedback...as maybe I have just been fortunate so far and I want to keep it real.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    PM's tend to get paid less than consultants in my experience.

That might just be an IT thing though.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    absolutely

if I could get upwards of 700 quid a day for setting up and managing a PMO I would even sign a disclaimer that I wouldn't piss away days on the interweb

Leave a comment:

• ContractIn
    replied
    To give you a better steer, I am working at a FTSE top 20 company, and for contractors the rates are generally as follows:

Analyst/Consultants - 400 to 450 per day
    Project Manager - 450 to 500 per day
    Senior/Prog Mgr - 600 to 700 (tops) per day.

Any more interim senior positions are generally filled by the likes of accenture and co.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    If you can get those rates, I'll send you my CV...

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Agreed.

Looking at the first one for £650/day I currently do that for £300/day.

Infact I've done most of the including £30 million programme management (which is really not that much of a big deal...a couple of £3million deals and you are sorted).

Leave a comment:

• ContractIn
    replied
    Difficult to answer in a short reply, as would depend on type of client/industry you are marketing at. These rates are generally for the big consultancies who have negotiated long term engagements with large corporate’s, or on their PSL's. If you are a small team or one man band, then I would say you are marketing yourself too high. IMHO.

However, if you can get those rates then best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    London, M4 Corridor and South West...

Any advice would be most appreciated...I want to stick a stake in the ground for future work as so far my negotiating skills have proven to be totally inadequate!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    location?

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    started a topic Rate Check

Rate Check

My company operates in Non-IT Project/Programme and Operational management...does anyone have a view as to whether or not these are reasonable in terms of current market rates:

Consultancy @ £650 per day to include the following:

· Operational Review
    · Project Assurance
    · Efficiency Study

Middle Management @ £725 per day to include the following:

· Operational Delivery Role
    · Project Management (<£1m budget)
    · Project Management Office

Senior Management @ £800 per day to include the following:

· Senior Operational Role
    · Project Management (>£1m budget)
    · Programme Management (<20m budget)