• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Paystream have changed their name..."

Collapse

• lilfreckles
    replied
    All I can say is to be careful - HMRC itself has issued two press notices in recent months stating that it is aware of many MSC providers passing themselves off as ‘professional accountants’ and that from the promotional material it has seen they are unlikely to avoid the application of the legislation in this way.

Therefore they are more than likely to be caught pretty soon!

Leave a comment:

• bangface
    replied
    Originally posted by Ledge
    ...from Paystream Management to Paystream Accounting Services.
    They should change those awful looking models on their website too, or at least get them to cover their faces with those smiley things completely!!

Leave a comment:

• Ledge
    replied
    Originally posted by Horby
    KEEP Well away from Paystream, The only qualified accountant is the Boss all the other staff that attempt to give advise are clerical staff. I had a nightmare with this company withholding payments and giving false information about what I was entitled to, in the end I spoke to HM C&E and they were very interested in Paystreams activities! subsequently I dropped them preety quick.
    How did they manage to withold payment? Surely you were the only person in charge of the company account?

How much did they charge you to leave?

Leave a comment:

• Horby
    replied
    KEEP Well away from Paystream, The only qualified accountant is the Boss all the other staff that attempt to give advise are clerical staff. I had a nightmare with this company withholding payments and giving false information about what I was entitled to, in the end I spoke to HM C&E and they were very interested in Paystreams activities! subsequently I dropped them preety quick.

Leave a comment:

• happybloke
    replied
    not spam, can't help being happy...................or was it I was just taken for a ride by previous agencies and umbrella companies

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    replied
    Paystream used to just pay into your personal account but now with the new legislation they are setting up company accounts for all there users. So they will have no control over the bank account and operate in a similar way to an accountant would.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    I would question whether or not Paystream has any access to or control over the company bank account - if not I would think that they are acting in much the same way as any other accountant. If, however, money for your services is received into a bank account that has Paystream as a signatory then you will still be operating via a third party and will fall foul of the new legislation.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by happybloke
    I have been with Paystream since Dec '05 when they helped me set up my Limited company. This was a whole month before starting in the world of contracting. They have help and advised where I have needed input from those early days. They have also kept me informed ever since Gordon "I like TAX" Brown announced his shake-up of the contracting market in his pre-budget statement. They are always contactable and if the person you speak to on the phone can't answer your question there and then they'll find someone who can.

Leave a comment:

• happybloke
    replied
    Paystream

I have been with Paystream since Dec '05 when they helped me set up my Limited company. This was a whole month before starting in the world of contracting. They have help and advised where I have needed input from those early days. They have also kept me informed ever since Gordon "I like TAX" Brown announced his shake-up of the contracting market in his pre-budget statement. They are always contactable and if the person you speak to on the phone can't answer your question there and then they'll find someone who can.

Leave a comment:

• Ledge
    replied
    Check out the nice new diagram.

http://www.paystream.co.uk/budget-statement.htm

Seems they're as confused as everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    SJD does supply a bog-standard accountant's service as well as other things - stick with that and you'll be fine....

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Ignore him, he's talking nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Will808
    replied
    Originally posted by beerbarrel
    Beware Ledge

both Paystream and SJD will be caught by the MSC legislation, steer clear
    I don't see how employing an independent accountant could possibly cause you to fall foul of this legislation? Buisnesses need accountants - if that's a crime, I'll enjoy that particular conversation with the taxman when the day comes.

Leave a comment:

• beerbarrel
    replied
    Beware Ledge

both Paystream and SJD will be caught by the MSC legislation, steer clear

Leave a comment:

• Ledge
    replied
    nice one. Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X