• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Back in the game..."

Collapse

• gnarledcontractor
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

Worked to death as in paid poorly so you can never retire.

Or high volume of work?

For the second I would presume you can always slack it as permi... but depends on the organisation.
    No was paid pretty well actually but when I broke it down into actual salary per hour worked - it was poor... Expectations of working late/lots of weekends and about 12 meetings a day. No opportunity for slacking in that role.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Gnarly!!!! WB

Sorry the first response back is my utter bollox but it does get better.
    FTFY

(now that NAT has exercised his MOD powers)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Gnarly!!!! WB

Sorry your first response back is Fraidy's utter bollox but it does get better.
    Removed.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
    Right... after a year out in a Perm Role (in which I picked up some valuable new skills, but realised I was being worked to death), I'm now back in the game with an outside IR35 contract.
    Worked to death as in paid poorly so you can never retire.

Or high volume of work?

For the second I would presume you can always slack it as permi... but depends on the organisation.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Gnarly!!!! WB

Sorry your first response back is Fraidy's utter bollox but it does get better.

Leave a comment:

• gnarledcontractor
    started a topic Back in the game...

Back in the game...

Right... after a year out in a Perm Role (in which I picked up some valuable new skills, but realised I was being worked to death), I'm now back in the game with an outside IR35 contract.

I'm going to have a good look at the forum (and ask my accountant :-)) but greetings to everyone on here - particularly those I met a couple of years back at the Xmas do.

Working...
X