• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35-friendly consultancies"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
    One of my clients is a small niche FS consultancy and we have agreed an SoW contract with the SDS supported by a QDOS assessment ready for April.

My view is that at the moment there are a lots of contractors benched / desperate so client will play it out.

Many who joined contracting in recent years will give it up or go inside or perm.

I hope that this pushes up rates since my current rate is not too disimilair from 14 years ago when I started my company
    Why would it? You've got every contractor out there chasing the few dream outside roles. If anything it should push the price down.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Consultancies and agencies sound like two different things to me...
    He did attempt to edit it but failed at that as well.

Leave a comment:

• silverlight1
    replied
    One of my clients is a small niche FS consultancy and we have agreed an SoW contract with the SDS supported by a QDOS assessment ready for April.

My view is that at the moment there are a lots of contractors benched / desperate so client will play it out.

Many who joined contracting in recent years will give it up or go inside or perm.

I hope that this pushes up rates since my current rate is not too disimilair from 14 years ago when I started my company

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied
    Thanks ladymuck, will take a look, interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Consultancies and agencies sound like two different things to me...

Anyway, better to eliminate them both and work direct, if you can. Appreciate that not everyone can, but one of the issues w/ IR35 is the scope for things to become lost in translation between various layers of intermediaries (and ignorance about upper contracts).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I currently work with one

I don't suppose you thought to look here? No?

https://www.offpayroll.org.uk/consultancies
    Some of their statements don't fill me with much hope though..

We work differently by working directly with business so we have a B2B relationship that IR35 doesn't apply. As we need resource for projects we offer them to our contractors on our network on a project based contract which is outside IR35.
    Erm.. Pardon?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I currently work with one

I don't suppose you thought to look here? No?

https://www.offpayroll.org.uk/consultancies

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    Will do some further searches but looking increasing more difficult to get an outside IR35 contract post-April.
    You have no idea. They are going to be like hens teeth. Different world come April

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback Lance.

I think you're right, if it exists, it's more likely to be a niche small player.

Will do some further searches but looking increasing more difficult to get an outside IR35 contract post-April.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    Typo now corrected.
    Try again.
    I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum. I have checked and searched and drew a blank, hence asking the 'panel'..
    It's also a business forum.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 1 March 2021, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    in short. There isn't such a thing.
    It would all be dependant on the commercial relationship the consultancy has with the client.
    That could change the responsibility for determination from client to consultancy.
    Once that has happened the consultancies will do what they need to do to attract the right talent. They're not going to take the risk unless they need to take the risk.

If you have rare skills then it's more likely they will be willing to do this. But the larger ones may prefer to pay you a thumping great salary to keep you.
    Smaller consultancies are more likely though.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied
    Typo now corrected. Besides, I asked my accountant first and he didn't know, hence the post ;-)

I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum. I have checked and searched and drew a blank, hence asking the 'panel'..

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If there were I certainly wouldn't be telling you It's your job, find em..

Your first task is to understand what you are looking for you. You started off asking for consultancies and ended up talking about agencies. Not a great start.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    started a topic IR35-friendly consultancies

IR35-friendly consultancies

Are there any IR35-friendly consultancies where the contractor is paid on deliverables, so keeping the contract outside IR35?

I've heard such agencies exist but not seen any myself - anyone here comes across such consultancies?
    Last edited by ContractorBanking; 1 March 2021, 12:05.

Working...
X