• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "how covid/ir35 crisis impacted you financially as a contractor"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
    yeah posted another. Mods please close
    Asking mods to do you bidding is a bannable offence.

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I didn't fill in the poll because my rate has stayed the same, how many other people didn't fill it in or just picked a random option because they didn't have an option available to them.

Polls need to cover 100% of possible answers and they need to not overlap. This poll has no overlap but is missing a large range of options it covers the following:

rate_change > 0% or rate_change = -10% or rate_change = -20% or rate_change <= -30%

It's missing:

rate_change <= 0% and rate_change > -10% or rate_change < -10% and rate_change > -20% or rate_change < -20% and rate_change > -30%

You can't take anything away from this poll because it's incomplete and you have no idea how many people fell into the missing ranges.
    yeah posted another. Mods please close

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    75% people of the sample has had their rate decreased significantly is the take
    I didn't fill in the poll because my rate has stayed the same, how many other people didn't fill it in or just picked a random option because they didn't have an option available to them.

Polls need to cover 100% of possible answers and they need to not overlap. This poll has no overlap but is missing a large range of options it covers the following:

rate_change > 0% or rate_change = -10% or rate_change = -20% or rate_change <= -30%

It's missing:

rate_change <= 0% and rate_change > -10% or rate_change < -10% and rate_change > -20% or rate_change < -20% and rate_change > -30%

You can't take anything away from this poll because it's incomplete and you have no idea how many people fell into the missing ranges.

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    That's what happens when you have incomplete set of options.
    75% people of the sample has had their rate decreased significantly is the take

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Quarter of people have had a rate increase? Ok then.
    That's what happens when you have incomplete set of options.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    People of LTD's? We haven't clarrified that yet.
    Unlike people's employment status my posts won't have to stand up against a future HMRC Tribunal.

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Psc!!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Well, 4 people from a sample size of 17 and probably a bias towards sharing good news

Still, some sectors are doing fine - pharma, online retail, public sector etc. - and some/niche skills will always be in demand, I guess.
    I think those that managed to stay during the pandemic mostly kept their rates. I was thrown under the bus and had to take a cut to work at all. My other friend waited 4 months during pandemic and secured good rate though, another is still looking for 6 months so maybe it’s bit down to personal luck
    Last edited by GitMaster69; 14 November 2020, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Well, 4 people from a sample size of 17 and probably a bias towards sharing good news

Still, some sectors are doing fine - pharma, online retail, public sector etc. - and some/niche skills will always be in demand, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Lost a piece of work (£5,000) because a client does not understand IR35.
    To be fair the clients stance caused him more trouble than this blip caused me.

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But I had no commute on the contract before Covid so that doesn't work...
    yes but you can't eat out either ;-)))))

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    just pick increased then as no commute
    But I had no commute on the contract before Covid so that doesn't work...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    just pick increased then as no commute
    That's voter fraud. We want a recount.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X