• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 Insurance Permanent Role"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Um, ones a former legal entity that doesn't exist anymore and the latter is a legal entity that still exists so can be pursued.
    Pursued for what though if it has no money or assets left. Only thinking out loud, and gloating a bit as my Ltd is now dead and buried. But it was something I mulled over while awaiting strike off.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I wonder if there is any difference to HMRC between being 'closed' and having an empty bank account and in the process of closing.
    Um, ones a former legal entity that doesn't exist anymore and the latter is a legal entity that still exists so can be pursued.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Speak to QDOS then but it won't be cheap - and it's pointless as once your limited company is closed there is nothing for HMRC to chase unless you've been incredibly stupid.
    I wonder if there is any difference to HMRC between being 'closed' and having an empty bank account and in the process of closing.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I may be missing something here, his post is IPSE related.

I am referring to specific IR35 investigation cover and backpayment if ever asked to cough up. Didn't see this in his post.
    Can anyone clarify my query?
    Speak to QDOS then but it won't be cheap - and it's pointless as once your limited company is closed there is nothing for HMRC to chase unless you've been incredibly stupid.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Did you not read Malvolio's post

Now personally I wouldn't go near IPSE (for it will only encourage them) but if you are a member that run down fee is not much for some protection...;.
    I may be missing something here, his post is IPSE related.

I am referring to specific IR35 investigation cover and backpayment if ever asked to cough up. Didn't see this in his post.
    Can anyone clarify my query?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Thanks all. Without de-railing this thread into a discussion around IPSE, what about IR35 insurance specifically?
    Should I renew this which is quite a hefty amount, given I am going permie (reluctantly yet relievedly), or can I end the subscription there?
    Did you not read Malvolio's post

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    You do talk crap sometimes, do try and keep up. IPSE hasn't failed, it's going in a different market. Given that ours is rapidly disappearing I don't find that anything other than good sense. And I have little or nothing to do with them these days anyway.

The run down fee is £50, compared to £320 for plus membership. So not even a good income generator pitch, is it?
    Now personally I wouldn't go near IPSE (for it will only encourage them) but if you are a member that run down fee is not much for some protection...;.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Thanks all. Without de-railing this thread into a discussion around IPSE, what about IR35 insurance specifically?
    Should I renew this which is quite a hefty amount, given I am going permie (reluctantly yet relievedly), or can I end the subscription there?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    You do talk crap sometimes, do try and keep up. IPSE hasn't failed, it's going in a different market. Given that ours is rapidly disappearing I don't find that anything other than good sense. And I have little or nothing to do with them these days anyway.

The run down fee is £50, compared to £320 for plus membership. So not even a good income generator pitch, is it?
    Have ipse ever published how many IR35 investigations are ongoing in last 2 years yet?

I think you will find the answer is nil for common folk and a just a few high profile media types to keep people scared

Hence people are buying lighting insurance on a sunny day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rawly View Post
    I'd probably keep IPSE going as long as they have Perkbox! I think I get my money back just on Savings I make with Avant West Coast! Plus all the other benefits. Saved alot on Sky recently and with a cashback!

I do, however, miss the Free Cafe Nero Coffee per month!
    Cheaper options are available as perkbox actually doesn't cost that much..

Leave a comment:

• rawly
    replied
    I'd probably keep IPSE going as long as they have Perkbox! I think I get my money back just on Savings I make with Avant West Coast! Plus all the other benefits. Saved alot on Sky recently and with a cashback!

I do, however, miss the Free Cafe Nero Coffee per month!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Far less crap than you do - and I only have to look at the coming IR35 changes to say - yes as a campaign group IPSE completely and utterly failed

And there is actually a massive market out there for someone who represents contractors - the issue was that none of the companies that have profited off the industry actually did anything to solve the issues HMRC have with it.

But then again given the "I'm alright Jack, screw you" viewpoint that you seem to have to anyone else - it's not surprising how we ended up in this mess.
    Last edited by eek; 7 October 2020, 13:08.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Anything to keep money coming in for the failed entity that is IPSE.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Worth noting that IPSE do have a "run down" membership option - basic membership at a reduced cost just in case. You would need to call the office to discuss the ins and outs, but it does work.

Membership (or any other similar insurance coverage) needs to be in place until the end of the tax year after your close down just to be safe.

Otherwise I echo JB's earlier comment - if it's claims made basis, then you may need it for some time since a claim can be made by a client years after the event. It all rather depends on what you were doing that made it necessary.
    Anything to keep money coming in for the failed entity that is IPSE.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Worth noting that IPSE do have a "run down" membership option - basic membership at a reduced cost just in case. You would need to call the office to discuss the ins and outs, but it does work.

Membership (or any other similar insurance coverage) needs to be in place until the end of the tax year after your close down just to be safe.

Otherwise I echo JB's earlier comment - if it's claims made basis, then you may need it for some time since a claim can be made by a client years after the event. It all rather depends on what you were doing that made it necessary.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Are you closing your Ltd down ? Rightly or wrongly I kept my IPSE membership going until my Ltd was closed but I won't bother at the next renewal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X