• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NPPV3/SC check - soft or hard credit check?"

Collapse

• BlueManc
    replied
    I've just been through NPPV3 and confirm it leaves no hard search on your Experian record. Just a soft footprint saying "will not affect your credit score".

Took almost 3 months for the clearance to come back though before I started the contract, after being told 4/6 weeks initially.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Chatlow View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand your comment
    Nor my earlier one either it seems...

I was saying the NPPV vetting will be pretty stealthy. For some reason the police don't like any kind of financial irregularity or risk. So they probably won't trouble the credit scoring agencies like Experian but dig rather deeper.

As for NLUK, he is saying that if you are a contractor you have a client, not an employee. Either YourCo or your umbrella company is your employer (and then only in the loosest sense of the word). It might seem a moot point but in fact it is quite important that we understand it.

Leave a comment:

• Chatlow
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Shouldn't you be more concerned you think you get a contract with an employer??
    Sorry, I don't understand your comment

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Shouldn't you be more concerned you think you get a contract with an employer??

Leave a comment:

• Chatlow
    replied
    thanks all - makes sense to not show but wanted to be sure. Got me thinking about their sources though and if they just look at experian etc or have other ways..

One other thing - my parents / sibling detals - do they perform any detailed searches against them? Didn't ask for lengthy address history so wondered if just a criminal check

Leave a comment:

• oilboil
    replied
    Originally posted by Chatlow View Post
    Hi,

Been asked by employer if I'm willing to go through and obtain NPPV3 and SC for a contract. Happy to do so as long as I can confirm one thing regarding the credit side.

I've been credit checked by an employer before and it was a soft search which I am fine with, no problems there. Does anyone know if NPPV3 or SC can result in a hard search? I am reading they can can request a full report which might mean it's a hard search and lowers your score, but would like to confirm.

I am just concerned about the score part, because we are looking at mortgages so trying to avoid any hard searches at the moment.

Many thanks,
    It would be rather pointless if the vetting process for an SC contract (that no-one is supposed to know you hold technically) left a marker on your accessible credit file.

They do a search but it doesn't show up to anyone outside you or them

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Just a wild thought. Do you suppose the police have high level vetting so they can access confidential information at the source?

HTH. ?

Leave a comment:

• Chatlow
    replied
    thanks all - really good info. Does anyone happen to know if they use other methods to get historical data? Just that the usual credit history is 6 years, but they mention 10 years in the application form. Nothing to hide, just curious. You are right - they require A LOT of information!

As for housing - yeah, we are thinking along the same lines. No rush for now, given the situation. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Vetting process | Warwickshire Police

"Experian
    This is a financial check on the applicant which does not leave a visible footprint to third parties."

Looks like a soft check.....

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I have no idea but house prices will come down in 6 months anyway. It's being artificially propped up by fake government money and bored people working from home. Half a million or more people will lose their job in next 2 months. Probably another half a million will follow within 6 months after that. It'd be stupid to not think that'll impact housing. So maybe consider it a nice surprise if you get delayed by 6 months and also land a new job.
    Exactly this, rent prices tumbling in London also

Only a mug would buy now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    It doesn't affect your credit score. I've had two, by two different forces, and although one asked for very detailed financial details, the search never appeared in my credit report.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    I have no idea but house prices will come down in 6 months anyway. It's being artificially propped up by fake government money and bored people working from home. Half a million or more people will lose their job in next 2 months. Probably another half a million will follow within 6 months after that. It'd be stupid to not think that'll impact housing. So maybe consider it a nice surprise if you get delayed by 6 months and also land a new job.

Leave a comment:

• Chatlow
    started a topic NPPV3/SC check - soft or hard credit check?

NPPV3/SC check - soft or hard credit check?

Hi,

Been asked by employer if I'm willing to go through and obtain NPPV3 and SC for a contract. Happy to do so as long as I can confirm one thing regarding the credit side.

I've been credit checked by an employer before and it was a soft search which I am fine with, no problems there. Does anyone know if NPPV3 or SC can result in a hard search? I am reading they can can request a full report which might mean it's a hard search and lowers your score, but would like to confirm.

I am just concerned about the score part, because we are looking at mortgages so trying to avoid any hard searches at the moment.

Many thanks,

Working...
X