• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spring Technology

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spring Technology"

Collapse

• cosmic
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Same here and their sister company Mason Frank I blocked most of their numbers, but they now start calling me from abroad
    Hah so I'm not going crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    Funny Nigel Frank international is in my view the worst pimp. Constant rings from them with jobs but never anything out of them. They always seem to fish for info from me. Not once have I had anything good from them, the place loads of ads which I think 95% are fake. Has anyone actually been placed by them or is it just me?
    Same here and their sister company Mason Frank I blocked most of their numbers, but they now start calling me from abroad

Leave a comment:

• cosmic
    replied
    Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    All part of the lovely Adecco group so encompasses the full list here. Well known (I suspect) ones are certainly Modis, Spring and Pontoon.

They only ever really answer if they want something from you - although that could equally apply to most agencies.
    Funny Nigel Frank international is in my view the worst pimp. Constant rings from them with jobs but never anything out of them. They always seem to fish for info from me. Not once have I had anything good from them, the place loads of ads which I think 95% are fake. Has anyone actually been placed by them or is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• ShandyDrinker
    replied
    All part of the lovely Adecco group so encompasses the full list here. Well known (I suspect) ones are certainly Modis, Spring and Pontoon.

They only ever really answer if they want something from you - although that could equally apply to most agencies.

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Did you kiss his a*se?
    Not quite but with a bit of luck I'll get an offer which I can turn down (of a gig not anything to do with arses).

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied

{edit}
    And........we've agreed to start again.

I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
    Did you kiss his a*se?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

Because you have missed this bit -

Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke
    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter.

And I already knew who the client was because I know the market.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11 September 2019, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.
    Why do I have the feeling there is more to the story...

I thought you couldn't get in touch with him, the you claim you know the name of the Client, and he is claiming to be the sole MSP?? (do you mean PS?) which indicates you have had some contact after all.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Ahem I might just have asked in another forum if anyone had any knowledge of the company or any contacts, and I might just have mentioned that it was impossible to speak to anyone and tagged the named recuiter. Which did lead to him saying I was childish and unprofessional and taking the fact I had highlighted publicly it as a personal slight against him.

He babbled about it being childish and unprofessional and that he couldn't put me forward to the client for that reason.

It is quite funny being accused of being childish and unprofessional by a pimp who's company can't even put a working e-mail or phone number in their ads.

I don't think I'll be getting this gig which is a shame as it's local.

As he was keen to tell me he is the sole MSP and I mentioned the client name perhaps he's worried that they will find out their sole MSP is advertising gigs you can't actually apply for.

{edit}
    And........we've agreed to start again.

I have deleted all my social media posts and he's looking at my CV.

I bet I don't get the gig still but anyhoo.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 11 September 2019, 14:49.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    What do you mean by blacklisted?
    No such thing - if an agent thinks they can earn money off you, they'll not do something so daft

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?
    What do you mean by blacklisted?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    OK - finally managed to speak to Mr Angry recruiter. It seems that they publish emails and phone numbers and neither of them work. I even tried their main switchboard and got nowhere. He asked why I didn't leave him a voicemail - because I couldn't!!!! I am blacklisted but not interested in working for someone who attacks me for highlighting that they can't even get the most basic thing right - i.e. how is anyone meant to contact them when their phones and e-mail don't work?

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    If the agent is a certain Mr C then you won't hear back about interviews you go to either

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Yeah I've found that too. Or they don't have a number on their LinkedIn. Idiots. Why not just apply on jobserve?
    I've done that - like I did last time, but I wanted to talk to an actual person about the role, and now I have become curious about the role, since I suspect I know who the client is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X