• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Consultant Network"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    +1 for ignore.

They're a hard sell with nothing to really guarantee sort of set up.

Did a bit of research and a lot of negative reviews around.
    The discounts started flying in but a firm "please take me off your database" put an end to it.

Leave a comment:

• JIDEARE
    replied
    Nope

Noooo. Don't do it. I done some extensive research into this and there's NOT 1 person with a genuine/verified success story.

Their main selling point is "you're buying into exclusivity". They apparently have jobs that are solely theirs to place candidates into and Boy was that a complete and utter Falsehood in terms of that statement. I found someone with their login details and there wasn't 1 job we found on their site that wasn't listed on indeed/reed or your free job boards. Their response to that was that he could pay for a premium service.

They have a NO refund policy or cooling off period. There are no guarantees what so ever. If you buy a login details and don't explicitly state you don't want to renew your membership, they automatically charged your bank account

Can't stress it anymore... Don't!

Leave a comment:

• Steve 167
    replied
    Thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated. I shall not be joining!!

Leave a comment:

• LondonPM1
    replied
    Originally posted by isec View Post
    Glad to see some feedback on this company, the sales guy was very persuasive and I almost signed up! Thankfully my training kicked in to do some proper due diligence!
    I cant believe people even think of paying for this - Next time tell him you will pay him double 399 but only when he has a job you have acceoted

These guys are bulltulip merchants

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Contractor Club was a great idea and you didnt pay them anything upfront. You did pay a commission for the first 3 months in a contract then after that, there was no fee as far as I remember. You got more of the money the client was paying that would have been creamed off (and more!) by an agent.

The only problem with CC was they couldnt supply the number of roles to the members.

Leave a comment:

• isec
    replied
    Glad to see some feedback on this company, the sales guy was very persuasive and I almost signed up! Thankfully my training kicked in to do some proper due diligence!

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    In no particular order:

jobserve
    linkedin
    own personal network of business contacts friends & family

Anything else is money down the drain especially paying someone when agencies already get paid to find you why on earth would you even consider paying a consultancy fee they are all chasing the same few jobs anyway!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    There is a lot of this utter tulipe. iContract, The Contractor Club et al. Ignore and move on.
    There's a huge difference between something like iContract (free to the contractor) and something that charges £399 to join it.

I've no qualms about joining something that might find me work and doesn't charge me, but there's no way I'd pay for the privilege.

I've had emails from Contractor Club and just deleted them.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    There is a lot of this utter tulipe. iContract, The Contractor Club et al. Ignore and move on.
    +2 Waste of a space, and I definitely wouldn't be spending a penny.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 167 View Post
    Hi

I've been "invited" to join "The Consultant Network" (by paying £399!) - the person I spoke to claimed that had so much work for contractors/consultants that they were struggling to find enough people. I have to say I'm somewhat skeptical of this "hidden" mass of work, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience of "The Consultant Hub", and if so did you get any work as a result of it?

Thanks for any information

Kind regards Steve

Leave a comment:

• Steve 167
    started a topic The Consultant Network

The Consultant Network

Hi

I've been "invited" to join "The Consultant Network" (by paying £399!) - the person I spoke to claimed that had so much work for contractors/consultants that they were struggling to find enough people. I have to say I'm somewhat skeptical of this "hidden" mass of work, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience of "The Consultant Hub", and if so did you get any work as a result of it?

Thanks for any information

Kind regards Steve

Working...
X