• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Delay in renewal contract"

Collapse

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    What I meant was that the time to negotiate is at the beginning. Get your contract right first time.
    Indeed, it's best to get your contract correct right from the off, however, sometimes that's not always possible as sticking to your guns over certain changes you'd like to see in the contract when the agent/client won't agree might mean the difference between either accepting the inferior contract, or not having a contract at all.

Given OP's situation, where it sounds like the contract wasn't ideal initially but having now "proven" themselves the agent/client are more willing to negotiate over some changes, then renewal time is indeed the best time to get that sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    Um. If you want the terms of a contract changed (and assuming the other party is or will eventually agree to them) then renewal time is about the only time you can get your contract terms altered, since you are effectively engaging in a new contract.

Do you think your agent/client will be more amenable to changes in terms 3 months into a 6 month gig on an ongoing contract with terms that you initially agreed to?
    What I meant was that the time to negotiate is at the beginning. Get your contract right first time.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    If it's one of the agencies I used to work with a few years ago... they probably can't find the guy to fix the MS Exchange box again. There was nothing they could do, all emails sat in the mail queue for a week :-)

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Renewal time is not really the best time to get contracts changed.
    Um. If you want the terms of a contract changed (and assuming the other party is or will eventually agree to them) then renewal time is about the only time you can get your contract terms altered, since you are effectively engaging in a new contract.

Do you think your agent/client will be more amenable to changes in terms 3 months into a 6 month gig on an ongoing contract with terms that you initially agreed to?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    User name change?
    I wouldn't know where to start with a suggestion

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Reported.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    User name change?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    In many client sites you aren't allowed on site without an accepted contract in place.

Have a chat with the client and explain that you cannot come back on site without a contract due to clauses in your insurance.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DannyBright
    You should formally settle all the differences with the company before you start working with a new client.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eventar View Post
    If I get the contract today and I sign it digitally, do I need to wait for the agency to countersign it before I resume work for the client? If they don't countersign it today, then I will have to cease work for the client until it is signed by the agency.
    The last agreed contract is the one that is legally in place.

So if you have emails that show the agency accept the amendments and you have signed it then that's the last agreed contract.

However I would check your own actual individual contract as some agencies have it stated in the contract that the contract is not agreed until both parties have signed it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Make it clear to the agent you won't be on site. Funny how quick they can turn stuff around with that on the table.
    This

And tell the client first and NOW why you won't be there on Tuesday.

You will get your contract by close of play today or on Tuesday morning.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Renewal time is not really the best time to get contracts changed. A renewal is normally an extension to the schedule. Perhaps with a change to deliverables or statement of work. Rate changes are also just a schedule update.

Have the agency provided you an updated schedule with new dates? If not then don't go in.
    If you get an updated schedule the. You can go onsite whilst sorting out other items as you at least know there is commercial cover.

But why are you changing the contract? What is it that bothers you now but didn't previously?

Leave a comment:

• Eventar
    replied
    Thank you all for your responses.

As far as I am aware, the client has accepted my changes and said it is now down to my agency. My agency also says the client has done everything they need, and that they are waiting for the department that handles sending out contracts to process my one. They claim they can only do so much to get my contract prioritised... I have repeatedly said that I won't be doing any work for the client but that doesn't seem to be helping.

If I get the contract today and I sign it digitally, do I need to wait for the agency to countersign it before I resume work for the client? If they don't countersign it today, then I will have to cease work for the client until it is signed by the agency.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought if you carried on working after contract expiry on a verbal promise then the existing contract terms apply?

Obviously an issue for OP as they want amendments.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Make it clear to the agent you won't be on site. Funny how quick they can turn stuff around with that on the table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X