• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Penetration Testing / Ethical Hacker demand"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by calibra View Post
    Hi

I've got over 20 years of infrastructure design, build and support and want to focus more on Cyber Security.
    I'll soon have the Certified Ethical Hacker certification and was wondering if there was much demand for Penetration Testers.

Thanks

James
    You're better off going perm with someone like NCC in Manchester (The IT escrow and security company, not the cyclists near the Etihad) for a few years to build your skills and experience. Your certificate won't mean a thing if you've not got the experience to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I've got over 20 years of infrastructure design, build and support and want to focus more on Cyber Security.
    I'll soon have the Certified Ethical Hacker certification and was wondering if there was much demand for Penetration Testers.
    20 years experience is good. But you admit it's not in the area you want to work.
    IMO ethical hacking is not in demand for contractors. Penetration testing more so, but that's generally painting by numbers and a company will use (cheap) permie resource for that.
    If you want to be a security contractor, and you already have design skills, then you'd be better off doing CISSP and going for security architect roles.

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    Hi
    Regardless of the demand for pen testers I think it'll be a struggle as a freelancer doing that. In some ways it can be money for old rope (co. happy if you find nothing, happy if you find lots), but I can't see them taking on an inexperienced contractor for the work. If you get the ceh it'll help you get a job somewhere though i expect.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you had a look on jobserve and other boards or checked out itjobswatch (although it's slightly flawed due to scraping fake ads as well)

Leave a comment:

• calibra
    started a topic Penetration Testing / Ethical Hacker demand

Penetration Testing / Ethical Hacker demand

Hi

Thanks

James

Working...
X