• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract Start Date Delayed"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If you don't have a start date then you can start an alternative contract without breaking your original contract, because there is no agreed date when you have to carry out the contract. You just inform them you'll honour the contract after the first one has finished.

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    Whenever agreeing to a contract in principle, always say/write "subject to contract"

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    yep, go for it.

The agent will still be annoyed though, so prepare for an angry call.

They'll mention black lists etc, and it *might* affect you in the future. That's the risk you take though. Chances are in the future it'll be water under the bridge if you fit a future role.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I was in the same position two weeks ago. Both contracts were agreeable, first past the post. They wouldn't think twice about binning you off at a moment's notice and you've not become a familiar face/known enough over there to be on their unofficial black list.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    You verbally agreed to a contract with a specific start date, since the date is pushed back indefinitely, I wouldn't worry about that bit.

As for with which role you should go it's up to you to decide, as there are a million factors at play.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Loads of people. Comes up every other month. A search is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yes I am presuming this and that they will also be IR35 friendly etc etc.
    Until you know they are and both are checked I wouldn't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are presuming that both contracts have terms in that you agree with.
    Yes I am presuming this and that they will also be IR35 friendly etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You are presuming that both contracts have terms in that you agree with.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    started a topic Contract Start Date Delayed

Contract Start Date Delayed

I have been offered and verbally (only at the moment) accepted a new contract role and am waiting for the paperwork to come through. However the clientco have pushed the start date back by at least 1 week and will not assure that it is only by 1 week at the moment.

In the meantime I have been offered another contract role, which is more of a dead cert and am waiting for the paperwork to come through. I will go with this role assuming the paperwork etc is in order on the basis that the first contract could still be pushed back by more than one week, but feel bad making this decision.

Has anyone else been in this situation before, having verbally agreed a contract and then rescinded ?

Working...
X