• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Falling off an agency's contact list"

Collapse

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
    2009. So, for the numerically challenged, 7 years.
    7 years is generally the maximum time data is kept to comply with the data protection act.

I don't think the agency should be getting any kudos for obeying the law.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I got mine taken off their list easier than that - when they lied and didn't pay me, my lawyers spent a year arguing with them to get them to pay up.
    No, I think what happened to me was easier!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    The biggest lie told in history:

Is that not the second biggest, the biggest being... (oh, sorry this is not General)

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Just received an email from Vector Resourcing that they're ditching my CV, since it is so out of date, removing my details and taking me off their email list. First time I've received such notification in ~20 years of contracting.

Kudos to them.
    The biggest lie told in history:
    You have been successfully unsubscribed from our mailing list.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just received an email from Vector Resourcing that they're ditching my CV, since it is so out of date, removing my details and taking me off their email list. First time I've received such notification in ~20 years of contracting.

Kudos to them.

I got mine taken off their list easier than that - when they lied and didn't pay me, my lawyers spent a year arguing with them to get them to pay up. They haven't contacted me since they paid.
    Lucky escape for you.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    I had emails from progressive and realstaffing at the same time back in April, Subject: "Is it time to say goodbye?", "If we don’t hear from you, we’ll no longer be able to send you emails, ..."

Realstaffing were true to their word, until yesterday.

To be fair to progressive no peep from them, yet, in all of 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    It would have made more sense if the title had been "Falling off an agency's contact list"
    I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    ....and also letting us know exactly how out-of-date the details were....
    2009. So, for the numerically challenged, 7 years.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post

I had an agency ringing me up with details from 2001 last year....

Edited to say: Yes I do have the same phone number. No I don't have the same email address.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    It would have made more sense if the title had been "Falling off an agency's contact list"

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Kudos to them.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

Kudos to them.
    Did you send them two references to say thanks?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Kudos to them.
    You sound heartbroken.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Falling off an agency's contact list

Falling off an agency's contact list

Kudos to them.

Working...
X