• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iKas International vs McGregor Boyall"

Collapse

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by skipjack View Post
    iKas are crap. All my applications to their (possibly fake) adverts have not gone any further. Numbers on their adverts are answered by somebody else who hasn't posted them and the concerned person is either not at his/her desk or gone out or not available or in a meeting or on some call or untraceable. Personally, I would advise to stay away from them.
    I know both companies pretty well and they are respected in the London IB sector. I'd go with either.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Never heard of iKas so I would go with the other one HTHBIDI

Leave a comment:

• skipjack
    replied
    iKas are crap. All my applications to their (possibly fake) adverts have not gone any further. Numbers on their adverts are answered by somebody else who hasn't posted them and the concerned person is either not at his/her desk or gone out or not available or in a meeting or on some call or untraceable. Personally, I would advise to stay away from them.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    iKas are well known for phishing details you sure its a real role?!
    They are?

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    iKas are well known for phishing details you sure its a real role?!

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Go for the one that is most likely going to get your CV in front of the client

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I know one of the agents at McGregor Boyall. She's great, got invited on drinks even though I wasn't with them at the time.

Certainly a more established name in the IB contracting circuit.

Leave a comment:

• moneymoney
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Which one is going to give you the best day rate and an IR35 friendly contract?
    usually at the point where you say an agency can represent you for the role, you are a long way from having an actual contract to review

i was placed with iKas years ago for a perm role, no problems with them but no idea if it's the same as a contractor

Leave a comment:

• manjack
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    TBH, I have no idea. I will speak to each of them though before sending in the application.

Just wanted to get some feedback from members on here if they have any experience with these agencies.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• manjack
    started a topic iKas International vs McGregor Boyall

iKas International vs McGregor Boyall

I have the option of applying for a role (good match) through iKas International or McGregor Boyall.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these two agencies?

Not sure which one to go ahead with,

Working...
X