• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Permies with Chips

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permies with Chips"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    So not letting her look at pictures of naked men?
    Up to her. I don't manager that tightly and the internet's already paid for.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Managing my wife, keeping her expectations at the correct level
    So not letting her look at pictures of naked men?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Ah, managing your spending to keep your wealth under the threshold? There is a tipping point for divorce.
    Managing my wife, keeping her expectations at the correct level

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    I'm still with my wife. Cheaper than a divorce so far.
    Ah, managing your spending to keep your wealth under the threshold? There is a tipping point for divorce.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Like a rat with electric shocks, I conditioned my ex with the embarrassment of having her card declined. This had an interesting side affect of giving her a tic whenever she enters a PIN number.

Even though she fleeced me at the divorce I have great pleasure knowing that she looks like she is having an epileptic fit at the Harvey Nick's cashier.
    I'm still with my wife. Cheaper than a divorce so far.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    My wife needs to know that there's a limit to what we can spend. See BP and others who let their ex-wives think otherwise.
    Like a rat with electric shocks, I conditioned my ex with the embarrassment of having her card declined. This had an interesting side affect of giving her a tic whenever she enters a PIN number.

Even though she fleeced me at the divorce I have great pleasure knowing that she looks like she is having an epileptic fit at the Harvey Nick's cashier.

Leave a comment:

• mdhd
    replied
    More fool you for letting your wife know.

Seriously, all OP needs to do is to learn how to smile politely while thinking '**** you' and get on with his work.
    Instead of "calculate", I meant "speculate".

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Seriously, all OP needs to do is to learn how to smile politely while thinking '**** you' and get on with his work.
    My wife needs to know that there's a limit to what we can spend. See BP and others who let their ex-wives think otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    More fool you. Apart from my wife, no other relatives know how much I earn.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    You talk about permies, I have relatives who calculate for me how much is my take home

Answer is: Just smile and wave boys.
    More fool you. Apart from my wife, no other relatives know how much I earn.

Leave a comment:

• mdhd
    replied
    You talk about permies, I have relatives who calculate for me how much is my take home

Answer is: Just smile and wave boys.

Leave a comment:

• Yonmons
    replied
    Oh come on, if it wasnt you this gob on a stick was picking on it would be someone else, look at it this way, whilst he is picking on you he is giving some other poor sod a rest. I suppose its down to personalities, if you give it out you have to be prepared to take I could have fun here, and wouldnt have to post in contractor uk how to handle it ! Dont they call them bullies or something like that ?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    Hire a limo on your last day and wave a fan of £100s out the window at them as you leave.
    That way, the permies will take pity on you for having to use Scottish or Northern Irish notes?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    I'm surprised this is still an issue as these days a lot of permies earn more than contractors do anyway even if its £500 aday as most really fail IR35, expenses are going, permies employers pay there pension etc etc I thought contracting these days not about the £ but the flexibility to be your own boss.
    If that were true, there would be no need to try to clamp down on IR35, introduce a dividend tax, and attempt to force people into being paid as a permie after one month with the same client, and HMRC would be shouting from the rooftops.

But it's not.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He didn't take offence. Some people will believe even the most stupid of excuses though.

HTHBIDI

Anyone who buys a yellow Hyundai Coupe then puts a private plate on it needs blanking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X