• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unusual request from Recruiter"

Collapse

• MasterP0
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I can't believe the OP is still thrashing this one out. Gotta be the first thread ever where someone spent more time asking for advice than they would have spent on the actual contract. It was a stupid situation that was never going to end well. Everyone but the OP knew it. Time to move on.
    Originally Posted by MasterP0 View Post - YESTERDAY 12:59
    Agent has just called to tell me his Client has said they don't have the budget to pay.....we all know how the rest of this conversation went! Seriously?!?!?! Made me LOL though! The End.
    Northern where does it imply/state I'm still thrashing this one out? I walked away from it, I've merely been responding to questions.....I guess you missed that because you are just to busy taking pot shots!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I can't believe the OP is still thrashing this one out. Gotta be the first thread ever where someone spent more time asking for advice than they would have spent on the actual contract. It was a stupid situation that was never going to end well. Everyone but the OP knew it. Time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterP0 View Post
    Agent sold it as "help them gather requirements", then when I asked for more information he forwarded the RFP for a Public Sector Org.

I did flag that it would not be just the one hour, Agent was "fine" about this. They are a medium to large business having googled them so why aren't they organised stupid question that would mean no job for me after they've cocked it up!
    So the agent had not discussed this with the client but he hoped to curry favour by saying " I can lend you a consultant to help you scope your requirements' The client was amused and sought to have a little more fun by sending him the 200+ paged RFP, and you nearly fell for it?

Leave a comment:

• MasterP0
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    What could they possibly expect to be done in one hour? Serious question. What did they want you to do?
    Agent sold it as "help them gather requirements", then when I asked for more information he forwarded the RFP for a Public Sector Org.

I did flag that it would not be just the one hour, Agent was "fine" about this. They are a medium to large business having googled them so why aren't they organised stupid question that would mean no job for me after they've cocked it up!

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    So you are taking everything the agent has said in good faith.
    Depends on the agent, tbh, but I see what you mean, there could be other valid reasons that are just being fobbed off as "no budget", and the client might appreciate that you've gone the extra mile even if it is only for discovery.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    If they don't have the budget for a day's consultancy it doesn't sound like the sort of client I'd be trying to impress for future work.
    So you are taking everything the agent has said in good faith.

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    What could they possibly expect to be done in one hour? Serious question. What did they want you to do?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    I doubt you have the full story.

With hindsight you should probably have requested a telephone call directly with the client to "scope the requirements".

This would also be an opportunity to make your sales pitch should you be interested in future work from this client.
    If they don't have the budget for a day's consultancy it doesn't sound like the sort of client I'd be trying to impress for future work.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Agent has just called to tell me his Client has said they don't have the budget to pay.....we all know how the rest of this conversation went! Seriously?!?!?! Made me LOL though! The End.
    I doubt you have the full story.

With hindsight you should probably have requested a telephone call directly with the client to "scope the requirements".

This would also be an opportunity to make your sales pitch should you be interested in future work from this client.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    No he was astounded that his Client didn't want to pay, so that made two of us.....Good Luck to them!

I just can't wrap my head around the "...don't have the budget to pay someone" how do they envisage getting a BA to help them then? Anywhoo not my problem
    Deffo client was waiting for you to say, oh go on then I've got nothing else on and its only for a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• MasterP0
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Was he still trying to get you to do it?!?

No he was astounded that his Client didn't want to pay, so that made two of us.....Good Luck to them!

I just can't wrap my head around the "...don't have the budget to pay someone" how do they envisage getting a BA to help them then? Anywhoo not my problem

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    An hour? Like £50-100 or something I assume?

Let me think. An hour....

10 mins taking my coat off.
    20 mins having a dump in their bogs.
    20 mins checking out the tottie.
    OK 10 mins then Im off.
    Poor class tottie if it takes them all of 20 minutes to suss you out and put you down!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Agent has just called to tell me his Client have said they don't have the budget to pay.....we all know how the rest of this conversation went! Seriously?!?!?! Made me LOL though! The End.
    Was he still trying to get you to do it?!?

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    An hour? Like £50-100 or something I assume?

Let me think. An hour....

10 mins taking my coat off.
    20 mins having a dump in their bogs.
    20 mins checking out the tottie.
    OK 10 mins then Im off.

Quick worker!

Leave a comment:

• MasterP0
    replied
    Last edited by MasterP0; 17 June 2015, 17:08.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X