• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Composites

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Composites"

Collapse

• Jay54
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    For a little while longer, before HMRC's current investigations into "artificially incorporated companies formed merely to avoid paying the correct amount of tax" conclude and they are shut down and you get a bill for back tax and interest. as an employee.

There are more intelligent ways to run your contracting work.
    I wouldnt touch a composite with a hairy stick even if it were the last option. I agree with you Malvolio they are 'artificially incorporated companies' and my bean counter says they are schemes that should be cleared by the Revenue under some anti avoidance regulations

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by grafter
    not long contracting so will be interested in the majorities views because going through a composite seems like it could be pretty stress free
    For a little while longer, before HMRC's current investigations into "artificially incorporated companies formed merely to avoid paying the correct amount of tax" conclude and they are shut down and you get a bill for back tax and interest. as an employee.

There are more intelligent ways to run your contracting work.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    i would have said a composite is probably the least stress free option, especially when Hector comes to collect tax you haven't paid for the past 6 years.....

Leave a comment:

• grafter
    replied
    not long contracting so will be interested in the majorities views because going through a composite seems like it could be pretty stress free

Leave a comment:

• jukebox
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Which composite did he use?
    Dunno but will email him and ask

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by jukebox
    I have an Ausie mate who used an offshore composite and last year got a bill from the tax man for a considerable amount of tax. He went back to Aus after that promising never to return to the UK!
    So these composites aren't all bad then!!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Which composite did he use?

Leave a comment:

• jukebox
    replied
    I have an Ausie mate who used an offshore composite and last year got a bill from the tax man for a considerable amount of tax. He went back to Aus after that promising never to return to the UK!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by autodial
    What is the general view of people using these forums of composite companies and operating as outside of IR35?
    Just how do you suppose your invoicing practices will affect your IR35 status? Sorry, your question fails the "Is this an intelligent enquiry" test and will be ignored.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Best pick one with a name at the end of the alphabet as HMRC are compiling their hit list as we speak. IMHO !!

Leave a comment:

• Newby
    replied
    What a lovely question to start a tuesday! Let the battle commence!

Sounds like a to me!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Hysterical laughter usually. That and Malvolio banging his head against a wall.

Leave a comment:

• autodial
    started a topic Composites

Composites

What is the general view of people using these forums of composite companies and operating as outside of IR35?

Working...
X