• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rotary / Masons Benefits"

Collapse

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Who'd have thunk it. A bunch of lunatic unionists cheating to achieve the result they wanted. I thought Whinestrone would have applauded this !
    He's not sure whose side he's on today.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    You lost. Get over it.

Who'd have thunk it. A bunch of lunatic unionists cheating to achieve the result they wanted. I thought Whinestrone would have applauded this !

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Handshake before the game...

Missed handball during the game...
    You lost. Get over it.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Handshake before the game...

Missed handball during the game...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    They were a great bunch of guys from all backgrounds. The big problem they have is membership because not enough youngsters are joining to replace the members literally dying.
    Not like they advertise for members, for that matter other than by invite I've no idea how people join.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 17 May 2015, 21:16.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Taita View Post
    Is there difference between Yorkies and Masons?
    Mick Jagger would eat a Yorkie ?

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    My experience

I was a mason. I left after the novelty wore off. They were a great bunch of guys from all backgrounds. The big problem they have is membership because not enough youngsters are joining to replace the members literally dying.

I didn't come across many who were in a position to hire contractors. If you wanted general advice on say accountancy, loss adjusting, medicine there were always brothers you could turn to.

Anyway, this was just my experience from the lodge I was a member of and the lodges I visited. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    I was once asked if I might be interested in joining the Masons, but when I found out that you had to profess a belief in a superior supernatural being I declined. They must be a bunch of nutters, with worryingly high influence, but a bunch of nutters.
    You have been here how long and you still do not believe in a Superior Natural Being?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Anyone in the rotary or masons?

Had an invite for one of them, and wondering what others experiences are, good way to contribute to local worthy causes? Good networking opportunities? Or just a bunch of geezers blowing hot air?
    I can sell you pairs of trousers with one leg shorter than the other.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Isn't Churchill involved with one of them? Masons possibly?

If that doesn't convince you to stay away, nothing will.
    You're thinking of the BNP

I was once asked if I might be interested in joining the Masons, but when I found out that you had to profess a belief in a superior supernatural being I declined. They must be a bunch of nutters, with worryingly high influence, but a bunch of nutters.
    The CUK Clique

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Taita View Post
    The difference between masons and the everyday old boys' club being? All societies look after their own when they can. There is nothing evil about that.
    True dat !! It would be the same situation with golf club members. I know because it happens in my golf club where quite a few members are in the police.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    You a Yorkshire lad too ?!!
    Is there difference between Yorkies and Masons?

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Masons can get you off anything. Plenty high profile investigations and legal proceeding being heavily influenced by the Masons going on right now.

Pure evil!
    The difference between masons and the everyday old boys' club being? All societies look after their own when they can. There is nothing evil about that.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    I was once stopped by a policeman who was going to breathalyse me until I told him I'd just been to the lodge.
    He offered to drive me home and as he dropped me off asked which lodge I'd been to.
    He wasn't too impressed when I told him, 'Yates's Wine Lodge in the Bigg Market'
    Not that I believe it but the light relief occasionally is very welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Erm....
    Don't talk to him about sophistication, he's been to Leeds!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    You a Yorkshire lad too ?!!
    Erm....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X