• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "24 Month rate increase"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    How did you calculate £29 a day loss ?
    Possibly by same mistake as I made - I just considered the CT saving I thought I'd lose by the travel/accom not being an alowable business expense anymore.

I forgot the fact though that these costs then become a BIK as well if claimed through company and then I got too scared to calculate it!

Double whammy!

Leave a comment:

• Sagara
    replied
    I used this as a justification in the past and combined with the fact that I had the experience and knowledge of the system there for 2 years and managed an increase in the end for £50.

It is also the fact that after 2 years you have proven yourself. You know the environment and people which actually makes you more productive.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    What you talkin' about Willis ?
    How did you calculate £29 a day loss ?

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Is that all do you cycle to work and take own sandwiches ?
    What you talkin' about Willis ?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    They're different posters...?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more. I calculate being worse off by £29 per day.

They might not renew (it is always left to the last day), so this might not be an issue. However, I was thinking of asking the agent for a rate rise to offset the £29 loss, at least partially. All in the the most diplomatic/Sir Humphrey language obviously.

Comments? Anyone done it successfully ?
    Is that all do you cycle to work and take own sandwiches ?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Epic fail there or what!?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    That's strange because a couple of days ago you posted this

And then said you walked.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more. I calculate being worse off by £29 per day.

They might not renew (it is always left to the last day), so this might not be an issue. However, I was thinking of asking the agent for a rate rise to offset the £29 loss, at least partially. All in the the most diplomatic/Sir Humphrey language obviously.

That's strange because a couple of days ago you posted this

4th February 2015 09:25 #1
    Unix

Contractor Among Contractors

Default Rate dilution bait and switch

Started a new role where the rate was higher than my previous one. I assumed the same hours per day but the new one in an extra hour which dilutes my rate to less per hour than previous. I didn't find out about the hours per day until I arrived. There are also other issues I am unhappy with which could constitute breach (role uses different tech to what I use and what is stated on my contract). Is it better to cut and run now without invoicing or hang around for a few weeks to work notice?
    And then said you walked.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    As stated, I won't know if my contract will exceed 24 months until (probably) the very last day. You might have in mind that bit about the 24 month rule applying from when you know you will be extended - that doesn't apply here. I really won't know until the last day or two.

This client is great, except they always extend at the last minute - a pain in the past, but quite handy now.
    ah ok, it wasn't clear that you meant it was currently finishing exactly on 24 months.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    It's not clear from the way you've stated it, but when did you know your contract would reach the 24 month mark ie did you get an extension a few months back that would take you past April?
    As stated, I won't know if my contract will exceed 24 months until (probably) the very last day. You might have in mind that bit about the 24 month rule applying from when you know you will be extended - that doesn't apply here. I really won't know until the last day or two.

This client is great, except they always extend at the last minute - a pain in the past, but quite handy now.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    My team find this quite a common request at 24 months. We have had a decent amount of success of getting rate rises when explaining the impacts to the clients.

Chances are if you have been on site for a couple of years the hassle and risk of swapping you out often outweighs uplift.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more.
    It's not clear from the way you've stated it, but when did you know your contract would reach the 24 month mark ie did you get an extension a few months back that would take you past April?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Don't forget to calculate the BIK on the company provided travel/accom as well as the CT cost, unless you are intending to pay it out of your own pocket..

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    started a topic 24 Month rate increase

24 Month rate increase

Working...
X