• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve jobpost count seems really low these days..."

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    I do a contract search for roles within 100 miles and its up over 1500 at the moment. (and I live arse end of nowhere)
    1000 has been about the average for the past few years so I reckon thats not too bad.

Not looked for a bit but having looked recently I'd say rates were up 10% or so.?

Leave a comment:

• RowleyBirkinQC
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    Definitely for developer roles its seems really low, esp for JAVA and ASP.NET. You just get the odd one here or there. There used to be much more hits. The other dev roles on jobservere are the ususal niche skills or banking/finance, but seems to be more BA roles than there used to be.

Also looks like the newer web tech's like AngularJS/NodeJS etc are being advertised more than the straight ASP.NET roles?
    And do you think every business just switched overnight to the latest technology, or that agencies are creating ghost jobs with the latest technology to harvest the CVs of those currently looking, and with the most expensive skills for when the market picks up?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Probably Jobserve isnt used as widespread by agencies as it used to be. A couple of agents have said that they dont use Jobserve because of the high prices.

There are plenty of other job boards for them to use (compared to maybe five years back)

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Definitely for developer roles its seems really low, esp for JAVA and ASP.NET. You just get the odd one here or there. There used to be much more hits. The other dev roles on jobservere are the ususal niche skills or banking/finance, but seems to be more BA roles than there used to be.

Also looks like the newer web tech's like AngularJS/NodeJS etc are being advertised more than the straight ASP.NET roles?
    Last edited by hgllgh; 3 February 2015, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• Steelman
    replied
    Yeah I've noticed that too - I think 2 things have happened:

1) after several years of trying real hard, a lot of companies are finally getting permies in the places where contractors used to feast

2) a lot of companies have demoted 'unessential' projects in these troubling economic times (yeah we still ain't out of the woods), leaving less for ad hoc contractors and more system maintenance/minor tweaks to the permies (see point 1)

I get the impression more and more ppl are being benched - what's the general concensus??

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    how do you mean?
    More work is being outsourced? Also some companies especially Public Sector are moving back towards cots products....

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nope, times are changing.....
    how do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Nope, times are changing.....

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    started a topic Jobserve jobpost count seems really low these days...

Jobserve jobpost count seems really low these days...

Basic asp.net c# sql search of jobserve (contracts within 5 miles of london) at 6pm showed just 40 job posts. That's much lower than it used to be.

Makes me think jobs are being advertised and filled via other means these days?...
    Last edited by hgllgh; 30 January 2015, 18:16.

Working...
X