• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyds - Closed Shop?"

Collapse

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And anyone who thinks I'm a tester is also a dick.
    What? They don't pay testers well?

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Why?

At least explain your reasoning so that we can all learn.

I have noticed that Lloyds find it hard to recruit talent. In my niche technical area they've had the same advert out for months through various agencies. It's a permie job and paying very low considering it's for a bank in the City (£50k) but at the same time they seem to ask for the Earth in return.

The other point I'll make is that I believe Wipro owns Lloyds' IT division. They obviously have their own agenda and typically it won't be in the bank's interest, but no doubt pockets are lined and politics are played.
    Anyone, got anything to say about National Westminster bank?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    get back in the kitchen!
    Bingo

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    All we need is a feminist put down and we have the full list of insults
    get back in the kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    ha ha, calm down you old sod (is that ageist as well?)
    All we need is a feminist put down and we have the full list of insults

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    That's a bit racist. Are you in the EDL then ?
    ha ha, calm down you old sod (is that ageist as well?)

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    more Scottish thinking?
    That's a bit racist. Are you in the EDL then ?

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    You are a strange character. Did you have an 'uncle' who touched you when you were young ?
    more Scottish thinking?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Just like alcoholics say they don't have a problem, testers pretend not to be one. Next you'll be saying you're not Scottish (and with good reason)!
    You are a strange character. Did you have an 'uncle' who touched you when you were young ?

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    And anyone who thinks I'm a tester is also a dick.
    Just like alcoholics say they don't have a problem, testers pretend not to be one. Next you'll be saying you're not Scottish (and with good reason)!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    No need to worry for long, if your posting this from a Lloyds PC your line manager will get a copy of all your internet activities at month end

Never slag your current clients of on forums from works PC's
    CUK is barred at the Lloyds proxy.

A mate of mine called to see a manger a few weeks ago when he set off a proxy alert by uploading a CV to Jobserve

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by ImaginativeTruth View Post
    Back again.

No real answer to my original question - in peoples view, is the interference with another contract on the level or acceptable. If I were any other limited company, selling staples and paper etc. my guess is that activity would be unacceptable and if I could prove, something to pursue for damages - lost contract etc. I'll idle on that thought.

I have agreed to discuss renewal with existing HM in 4 days. I will contact other division following that. See what happens there... Am looking elsewhere but trawling through the 'fake' jobs is a pain.

Some blunt comments - however I've read what I think are warnings about IR35 and sailing far to close to the wind, thanks for that, will be more mindful to be accurate in dealings here.

I posted a question for advice, I'm getting some answers where people are trying to catch me out ? Don't understand that. For the chap who asked how I can be both a first timer and also comment that I am quickly taken off market. This refers to the time I spent looking for my first contract before I had firm offer - as I was coming from permanent - which was a week. And also the time I spent on market before the strong interest from the other Division in Lloyds - a week, well before the current HM queered the pitch.

Agree that Lloyds are a funny bunch, the dead wood comment is not wholly unfair. Then again, a lot of UK companies are filled with oddballs and masters of passive aggressive rubbish. In Lloyds, I couldn't believe when 'colleagues' left at 2:30 to go home early to walk the dog, not sure if thats as innocent as it sounds... Then again, who pays the piper and all that.
    No need to worry for long, if your posting this from a Lloyds PC your line manager will get a copy of all your internet activities at month end

Never slag your current clients of on forums from works PC's

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    I've contracted for with Lloyds before and would certainly consider it again. I had no issues at all with them.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Sounds like the OP just wanted a job with Lloyds to me....
    AS bad as Lloyds may be, and I've heard a few horror stories both here and in real life, the idea of being able to walk to work appeals to me and so I'd love to contract there.

Doesn't mean that after that first contract, once I'd seen the horror first hand I wouldn't walk though.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ImaginativeTruth View Post
    No real answer to my original question - in peoples view, is the interference with another contract on the level or acceptable.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X