• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Delays at sea ports have already started due to Brexit"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Use one of these

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    What if you have a beam split?
    Two bottles.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Carefully.
    What if you have a beam split?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    How do you piss in a coke bottle?

Carefully.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    How do you piss in a coke bottle? Costa cup is already a challenge, especially when almost full and you need to squeeze off in time
    Last edited by Eirikur; 25 November 2020, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    And the usual issues with queues of trucks.

Oh well <shrugs shoulders> It's what the lovely folks of Kent voted for

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    And the usual issues with queues of trucks.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    it's started:

Long queues for Eurotunnel on M20 near Junction 11 for Folkestone amid post-Brexit procedures

Trial of Brexit border checks causes five-mile lorry queues in Kent | Brexit | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But to someone of Mordac's intellectual capabilities, Grayling must seem like Einstein.
    I have hair, and they're a couple of bald fookers. Well, apart from the dead one...which one is that again?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Plasma rifles in 40 watt range?
    You mean light bulbs?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But to someone of Mordac's intellectual capabilities, Grayling must seem like Einstein.
    Relatively speaking, yes

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Grayling is not exactly someone I would hire.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Grayling is not exactly someone I would hire. He was transport secretary for only 4 months and if you look at the annual report from the Department for Transport while he was there, it doesn't make good reading for the amount of money he spaffed away:

- 50.2 million to a number of ferry companies for negotiated settlements due to Brexit being postponed and his cock-up with the invisible ferry ship company
    - another 11.4 million for when Brexit was postponed again
    - due to the above, they then had to pay 33 million to Eurotunnel in compensation
    - they had to pay nearly half a million in non-refundable hotel fees and the same again on a border readiness contract, whatever that is
    - then there was 16 million in preparation for a no-deal Brexit which never occurred
    - they also had to pay 5 million to Arriva, a German company, for excluding them from a rail franchise contest
    - and so on...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Some of our trade with the EU goes through Dover. I know because Chris Grayling told me. Or was it Grant Shapps? Still, either of them probably has more of a grasp of international shipping than you do.
    Well there's a phrase and 2 names I wasn't expecting to see together in one paragraph

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Some of our trade with the EU goes through Dover. I know because Chris Grayling told me. Or was it Grant Shapps? Still, either of them probably has more of a grasp of international shipping than you do.
    What have you been drinking?
    Correct, some of it goes through Dover. (About 5% of the overall tonnage, or 98% of Dover's tonnage)

The 5 busiest UK sea freight ports with the EU are:
    Grimsby & Immingham
    Dover
    London
    Tees & Hartlepool
    Forth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X