• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IDS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IDS"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Iain being the Scottish version of Ian; however, I have notice a trend that people have changed their name from Ian to Iain. It reminds me of Mrs Bucket
    Regardless of his name, he's still a **** of the highest magnitude

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    His first name is actually George and it's Iain although it was originally Ian but for some strange reason he added an extra 'i'
    Iain being the Scottish version of Ian; however, I have notice a trend that people have changed their name from Ian to Iain. It reminds me of Mrs Bucket

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Ian Smith (Duncan is his middle name but he want's people to think he has a hyphened surname) ... is a thick upper-class twat. I have met too many of them in my life time including him.

He does not have a clue about works affairs and no clue how the EU and how EU trade works. Cooperation with the EU and EU business is vital for the UK, it is not a matter of UK vs EU.
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I don't think he's upper class. He went to a secondary modern.

And Duncan Smith was his father's surname.

Apart from that, full marks.
    His first name is actually George and it's Iain although it was originally Ian but for some strange reason he added an extra 'i'

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I demand a review!

Duncan Smith was given his mother's maiden name (Duncan) as a middle name—a fairly conventional practice of the Edwardian period—but his father's name was "Smith", not "Duncan Smith" and, in Second World War RAF records, Duncan Smith himself is always listed as W. G. G. D. Smith, not W.G.G. Duncan Smith. It is not known precisely when he started using his mother's maiden name as part of his surname but he decided to pass the name to his children. Whether this makes the current family surname "Duncan Smith" or still "Smith" is a moot point
    W. G. G. Duncan Smith - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Ian Smith (Duncan is his middle name but he want's people to think he has a hyphened surname) ... is a thick upper-class twat. I have met too many of them in my life time including him.

He does not have a clue about works affairs and no clue how the EU and how EU trade works. Cooperation with the EU and EU business is vital for the UK, it is not a matter of UK vs EU.

Last edited by Old Greg; 7 August 2020, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Most people have no clue about those things. People who do, would rather engage in some real honest work rather than be under a constant influence of lobbying groups.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I see that there is a video now of him now advocating against further scrutiny of the WA:

Video resurfaces of Iain Duncan Smith debating against MPs scrutinising Brexit agreement he now wants rewritten | The New European

“If there is anything about this arrangement [the Withdrawal Agreement Bill] that we have not now debated, thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.

“For those who say they don’t have enough time over the next few days because there are so many things to debate, of course they forget there was a white paper published last year that contained, I think sadly, most of the elements of the Withdrawal Agreement within it!”

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':
    Irritable Donkey Syndrome?

IDS would help everyone if he went away, shut up and left the talking to the people who matter in all this.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    He is a deeply deeply stupid man.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Yet in Parliament last year he also said:
    European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill - Hansard

The reality is that, if there is anything about this arrangement that we have not now debated and thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well WTFH beat me to it but using that Google thingamajig throws up plenty of links, including his Twitter bollocks:

Iain Duncan Smith complains Brexit deal he voted for ‘denies true national independence’ | The New European

Iain Duncan Smith up in arms over Withdrawal Agreement "fine print"

Iain Duncan Smith is now claiming the Withdrawal Agreement isn'''t good for the UK after all | News Break

Although none in the right MSM as they know they ****ed up....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?
    He posted it in a rant on twitter:

In case that screen grab isn't compelling enough, here is the actual tweet:
    https://twitter.com/MPIainDS/status/1290292766514135040

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic IDS

IDS

Originally posted by Iain Duncan Smith
    “Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas,” he ranted. “They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them.”

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...

“So in 2016, despite having no detail on what Brexit meant, people knew exactly what they were voting for. But in 2019, despite having a detailed Withdrawal Agreement, MPs didn’t know what they were voting for.”

“Agreements are binding. It pays to read them first. If you don’t know that, what on earth are you doing in government?”

Working...
X