• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bank of England tells banks to prepare for no-deal"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Goods from the EU will have full alignment on day 1 after transition; it’s only slowly over time that there will be divergence. So a flexible approach to border control will ease this next phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    No, it's another government u-turn as they know that they'll be in big trouble. This Tory government has done more u-turns over Brexit that they now no longer know what the **** they are doing. Useless bunch of incompetent muppets led by an ideological desire backed by no base...Anyone who thinks that this is going to turn out well is, in the words of sasguru, a cretin

Remember the famous phrase "They need us more than we need them." Not looking too true now is it?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Bank of England tells banks to prepare for no-deal

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What, to go back on your promises?
    Goods from the EU will have full alignment on day 1 after transition; it’s only slowly over time that there will be divergence. So a flexible approach to border control will ease this next phase.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sounds sensible.

What, to go back on your promises?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    What is he most damage a government can do to a country in a year?

Starting it with a botched response to Covid and ending it with driving the UK off a cliff must be close to maximum.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Are they still going to look for EU bads?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sounds sensible.
    It's the first part of the slippery slope.

Next will be that they want to encourage workers from the EU to come here to pick fruit.

But it won't get funny until he EU slap a tariff of 3% on everything imported from the UK.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Sounds sensible.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    UK ‘ditches plan’ for full post-Brexit border checks on EU goods

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Should be a good Xmas this year.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Should be a good Xmas this year.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Boris Johnson stated, on live TV, during the leaders debates, that the cost to the UK economy from a No Deal Brexit was 'vanishingly small'.
    The net cost should be even less than 'vanishly small' at the rate Corona is shrinking the UK economy.

On that basis, the timing of the end of this year couldn't be better for a no deal brexit.

For the avoidance of doubt, have one of these
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 8 June 2020, 11:23.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Passposting will kill the city jobs and the rest of the country

As long as it's blue passporting, who cares?

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    You will need a passport to enter the City and they will tell the public - it's done. Average member of public has no clue what passporting is.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Passposting will kill the city jobs and the rest of the country

I'm aware that it will finish off the twitching corpse of the UK. I'm waiting for the 'Boris Got It Dun' brigade to catch up....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X