• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flybe, John Lewis..."

Collapse

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    What has HS2 got to do with the EU?
    We won. Get over it. You'll have to get to Birmingham 20 minutes sooner. Just suck it up

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    The UK is almost at full employment (if you believe the government). There's only one other direction it can go.

The majority of health workers in the NHS contribute more to the tax coffers than they take.

We won get over it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Up coming unemployment for the masses

HS2 rail link to get from Birmingham to London 20 mins quicker for 150billion

No More Indians and Pakistani coming over from Europe to work in our health service

The UK is almost at full employment (if you believe the government). There's only one other direction it can go.

The majority of health workers in the NHS contribute more to the tax coffers than they take.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Out of curiosity... what was the prize?
    Up coming unemployment for the masses

HS2 rail link to get from Birmingham to London 20 mins quicker for 150billion

No More Indians and Pakistani coming over from Europe to work in our health service

Blue passports

Knighthood for Farage (to compensate for the loss of his £20 million in wages from the EU he’s made)

Straight bananas

Tommy Robinson to become Home Secretary

Plus many more

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Out of curiosity... what was the prize?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    We won get over it

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    NO NO NO it has to be caused by Brexit its the only explanation I expect to soon see the BBC to show footage of the ice caps melting and to blame brexit somehow.
    Yeah I know..

I was being a bit tongue in cheek I suppose.

Glad I will not be around in a few million years time when Andromeda crashes into the Milky Way - goddamn Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You don't think maybe John Lewis is just a victim of the the online shopping revolution?
    NO NO NO it has to be caused by Brexit its the only explanation I expect to soon see the BBC to show footage of the ice caps melting and to blame brexit somehow.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Don't worry Flybe passengers, under EU cancelled flight compensation you're entitled to.... oh wait
    Last edited by scooterscot; 6 March 2020, 11:36.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by rossb2 View Post
    I hope John Lewis don’t go bust. I buy Apple products on line, for the 2 year warranty.

Recently their customer service has been rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• rossb2
    replied
    I hope John Lewis don’t go bust. I buy Apple products on line, for the 2 year warranty.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't see any news on John Lewis, only Flybe?
    John Lewis warns stores could close as bonuses cut - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You don't think maybe John Lewis is just a victim of the the online shopping revolution?
    As is Debenhams.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I don't see any news on John Lewis, only Flybe?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Absolutely not. In fact the more and more I've used Amazon over the years the more I realise it is a massive distributer of tat.

JL is a victim of low interest on savings, assets bubbles galore, abysmal central bank policies, a government rewarding the rich punishing the poor, awful public transport, soaring costs - is it any wonder people are belt tightening and not spending?

Last I was in Edinburgh, I visited JL, tried on some tops and trousers, paid up.. then went to the roof top restaurant (Amazon can you do that?) and had me a cream tea with views of the city.
    The most important question being, jam first or cream first?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X