• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bristol post exposes gammons"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    One in a plane, one in a train and one in an automobile
    Actually it's

One in a taxi, one in a car, One on a scooter, beeping his hooter

https://www.bussongs.com/songs/we-th...gs-parody-song

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Indeed - and then three dudes show up with presents at the birth....

I am sure I have seen that movie...

One in a plane, one in a train and one in an automobile

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Even if you believe only 1/3 is factual you must be totally crazy. I take it you believe in the virgin birth or as a rational person would say the whore Mary phucked around and got preggers and the idiot Joe believed her story.
    Indeed - and then three dudes show up with presents at the birth....

I am sure I have seen that movie...

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    2500-1800 year old book, possibly older in parts, which even the most ardent fundamentalist believes to be only 1/3 factual. The other 2/3s comprising poetry, letters and other kinds of writing. You can't even get your facts right when trying to be insulting.
    Even if you believe only 1/3 is factual you must be totally crazy. I take it you believe in the virgin birth or as a rational person would say the whore Mary phucked around and got preggers and the idiot Joe believed her story.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Or a Christian who believes a 2000 year old story book is fact
    2500-1800 year old book, possibly older in parts, which even the most ardent fundamentalist believes to be only 1/3 factual. The other 2/3s comprising poetry, letters and other kinds of writing. You can't even get your facts right when trying to be insulting.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    But I guess that makes me a 60 year old triggered gammon.
    Or a Christian who believes a 2000 year old story book is fact

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ...but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.
    Especially with covid-19 doing the rounds. Of course younger people are less affected.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    16 year old girl uses scientific facts to tell the world she is worried about climate change
    Yeah... not all of the "facts" are correct, nor are the conclusions she draws.

But I guess that makes me a 60 year old triggered gammon.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    No one has said they do not agree that climate change is real - in fact many people are already doing many things to try and reduce the carbon footprint.

There is no hate campaign against Greta - but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.
    And further to that, noticing that every day China and India are adding greenhouse gases at a rate equivalent to the UK's total annual output and even MB might get a glimmering of an idea that Greta's outpourings are somewhat misdirected. When she does the Bristol thing in Tiananmen Square, then we may be getting somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    16 year old girl uses scientific facts to tell the world she is worried about climate change
    60 year old gammons go to the internet and start hate campaign

Now who is using long knives?
    No one has said they do not agree that climate change is real - in fact many people are already doing many things to try and reduce the carbon footprint.

There is no hate campaign against Greta - but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Well this is where it all begins isn't it.

There is 1 truth which is being fed to the masses and anyone questioning that is a heretic and must be silenced.

It's happened before if I recall

Night of the Long Knives - Wikipedia

60 year old gammons go to the internet and start hate campaign

Now who is using long knives?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

There is 1 truth which is being fed to the masses and anyone questioning that is a heretic and must be silenced.

Woke Macht Frei.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well said. I wouldn't contemplate attacking her personally (she's a 17 year old kid with what we used to call 'special needs') but I do wonder how she's getting invites to places like Davos and the UN. And who is paying for it all. I can't help feeling she's being manipulated. But you're absolutely right, if one can't question the message and its delivery without being called out as something of a Holocaust Denier, there's something wrong somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    All your images are coming up blank.

I was going to comment it's the most intelligent post you've ever made.

The problem with your delight, is that you seem to categorising anyone who says anything against her message as a triggered gammon attacking her personally. It's the modern lefty way and stifles any honest debate. Well done.
    Well said. I wouldn't contemplate attacking her personally (she's a 17 year old kid with what we used to call 'special needs') but I do wonder how she's getting invites to places like Davos and the UN. And who is paying for it all. I can't help feeling she's being manipulated. But you're absolutely right, if one can't question the message and its delivery without being called out as something of a Holocaust Denier, there's something wrong somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    All your images are coming up blank.

I was going to comment it's the most intelligent post you've ever made.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    She sure does know how to trigger gammons. I like her more each day

Love how gammons attack her (the messenger), and not the message
    The problem with your delight, is that you seem to categorising anyone who says anything against her message as a triggered gammon attacking her personally. It's the modern lefty way and stifles any honest debate. Well done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X