• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Post Brexit Food

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Post Brexit Food"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    It takes all sorts to make a world.
    whatever suits you.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    fromage de knobtete is quite nice. AIR
    It takes all sorts to make a world.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm sure I've eaten worse in France. And Germany for that matter.
    fromage de tete is quite nice. AIR

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    This could get me to vote remain in!

The State Fair of Texas: Burgers, dogs and deep-fried everything - BBC News

Check out the fried butter stall!
    I'm sure I've eaten worse in France. And Germany for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

OK, technically not deep fried. Actually Sticky Toffee Rat Onna Stick ala Terry Pratchett.
    Courtesy of Sticky Toffee Rat Onna Stick | The originals, made for Terry… | Flickr
    To be served to gammons in 'Spoons for the meal deal. Alongside the brexit pint.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    You are correct in that there are no allowable limits.

Now answer another question, do you really think that there are no rat hairs, faeces and insect parts in your cereals and other foods?

For "allowable" limits you should be reading "actionable" or in your case you can live in blissful ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    What are the EU actionable levels?

in the EU there are no allowable limits for foreign bodies in food products.
    Fears rat hair, maggots and mould might start appearing in British food following post-Brexit trade deal | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    What are the EU actionable levels?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I cooked this up for all you remainiacs.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Rodent Hair - 11 Revolting Things Government Lets in Your Food - Pictures - CBS News

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    You can always deep fry the rats you catch with your bow. Their design also facilitates this as you can handle them by the tail.

OK, technically not deep fried. Actually Sticky Toffee Rat Onna Stick ala Terry Pratchett.
    Courtesy of Sticky Toffee Rat Onna Stick | The originals, made for Terry… | Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    You're suddenly going to lose your ability to choose what to buy and eat after Brexit, then?
    No, I'm more thinking of more obese girls, like on the butter stall, and not a s many hotties to brighten up my working down and my increased taxes paying for diabetes care. We have enough cheap fat food, but more could be on its way. BTW I am for brexit now its being voted for.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Check out the fried butter stall!
    Gwd what a headline, complete with obese verkauferin.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    You can always deep fry the rats you catch with your bow. Their design also facilitates this as you can handle them by the tail.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    In one of those state fairs in north america I once went all in and in less than 1 hour I had:

- deep fried butter
    - deep fried twinkies
    - deep fried oreos

All tasted the same and they were rather disgusting. The deep fried mars bar I had in Scotland was quite the delicacy in comparison

Leave a comment:

Working...
X