• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "From Guyana's High Commissioner to the UK, currently in Aberdeen for oil conference"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "I’m not saying there wasn’t a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I’m just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I’ve been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it’s cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent the last few hours arguing amongst themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appeared to be on fire but no-one was paying attention to it because they were all arguing about fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish."

Jay Rayner
    So from this we can conclude that Jay Rayner cannot make a decision and stick to it.

Also his/her ability to compare a country leaving a political union to ordering some food is certainly a special talent.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Quite. One simple instruction, and after 3 years the elected elite still can't bring themselves to enact it.
    It was advice from the electorate, not an instruction.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Quite. One simple instruction, and after 3 years the elected elite still can't bring themselves to enact it.

"I’m not saying there wasn’t a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I’m just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I’ve been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it’s cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent the last few hours arguing amongst themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appeared to be on fire but no-one was paying attention to it because they were all arguing about fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish."

Jay Rayner

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    "From the moment we realised we had oil resources we have been learning from major oil producers in the developing world. We have been learning about their mistakes and successes. We are being advised by several governments and think tanks in London. We are getting the best advice we can get. We will make mistakes, but none of them of the magnitude of Brexit.

Yes, that's right, people from some of the poorest, most mismanaged countries in the world (Guyana, about USD 4,500 per capita GDP) are looking at the UK with pity and shaking their heads in disbelief, using it as a model of how not to run a country; that is the place the moronic brexiter zealots have taken us to; let that sink in for a minute...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    "From the moment we realised we had oil resources we have been learning from major oil producers in the developing world. We have been learning about their mistakes and successes. We are being advised by several governments and think tanks in London. We are getting the best advice we can get. We will make mistakes, but none of them of the magnitude of Brexit.”

Yes, that's right, people from some of the poorest, most mismanaged countries in the world (Guyana, about USD 4,500 per capita GDP) are looking at the UK with pity and shaking their heads in disbelief, using it as a model of how not to run a country; that is the place the moronic brexiter zealots have taken us to; let that sink in for a minute...

Isn't Gina Miller Guyanese born? That should trigger the brexidiots

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    That's it, Guyana goes straight in the black book of countries the uk won't sell jam and biscuits to. I'm sorry they're going to have to learn the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• From Guyana's High Commissioner to the UK, currently in Aberdeen for oil conference

"From the moment we realised we had oil resources we have been learning from major oil producers in the developing world. We have been learning about their mistakes and successes. We are being advised by several governments and think tanks in London. We are getting the best advice we can get. We will make mistakes, but none of them of the magnitude of Brexit.”

Working...
X