• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: More damning lies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More damning lies"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Still waiting for the definitive answer, that is unless you don't have one which is the probable answer....
    The Scots don't produce "Scotch Whiskey" - is that definitive enough?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I'm sure the Irish and Scots distilleries are in total agreement with you.
    They are. Or at least the Scots are. Seems like the Irish care enough not to even mention it.

Scotch Whisky FAQs

Which spelling is correct - whisky or whiskey?

Production and maturations of whisk(e)y is governed by law, not the word.
    Cretin.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Still waiting for the definitive answer, that is unless you don't have one which is the probable answer....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    It's the same ******* word:

This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    He knows why he was wrong. Judging by your post you're in agreement.

Perhaps this will provide a clue.
    It's the same ******* word:

This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Although you haven't told why he is wrong, so come on then, step up to the plate and give us the benefit of your superior intellect...
    He knows why he was wrong. Judging by your post you're in agreement.

Perhaps this will provide a clue.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 28 August 2019, 08:19.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    So your tactic is to resort to accusing someone of "being triggered" when they point out how much of a thick twunt you are?

The answer is simple, if you know nothing about a topic then don't post. Otherwise your ignorance is there for all to see.

Hth.
    Although you haven't told why he is wrong, so come on then, step up to the plate and give us the benefit of your superior intellect...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Given the way that you’ve been triggered, I’ll know where to keep the standards next time.

Careful you don’t slip over, with that thin skin you’ve got. You might get a scratch.
    So your tactic is to resort to accusing someone of "being triggered" when they point out how much of a thick twunt you are?

The answer is simple, if you know nothing about a topic then don't post. Otherwise your ignorance is there for all to see.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    More damning lies

Grammar has nothing to do with the errors that you have made. The root cause was your ignorance of facts.

Hth.
    Given the way that you’ve been triggered, I’ll know where to keep the standards next time.

Careful you don’t slip over, with that thin skin you’ve got. You might get a scratch.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    So still stuck being a grammar Nazi then, with no real opinion.

Getting roughly back to the point (PGI) you’ll probably have a seizure when American made Scotch Whiskey is being imported.
    Grammar has nothing to do with the errors that you have made. The root cause was your ignorance of facts.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Suntory (the people behind Chita, Hibiki and Yamazaki) spell it Whisky. Yamazaki 18 is one of the finest whiskies I have ever tasted.
    Nikka also spell theirs the Scottish way.

USA choose the Irish spelling.
    Can confirm Nikka, it sits as whisky alongside a Balvenie and Glendronach on my shelf.

Unlike the Red Spot and 15-yo Temple Bar (2018 best Irish Single Malt) whiskey that sits next to them.

I prefer to care about what’s in the bottle though, than the spelling outside of it. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    The point is as follows, the Scots produce "Whisky". The Irish produce "Whiskey". And you spout copious amounts of tulipe.

Are you going to compound your mistake further by suggesting that they are the same thing?
    So still stuck being a grammar Nazi then, with no real opinion.

Getting roughly back to the point (PGI) you’ll probably have a seizure when American made Scotch Whiskey is being imported.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well, Scotland and Ireland aren't doing too well at the moment, even Germany and Denmark won an award:

World Whiskies Awards 2019 - Winners

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    So tell us the difference then oh wise one? What do the Japanese and Indians produce, Whiskiy and Wiskie?
    Suntory (the people behind Chita, Hibiki and Yamazaki) spell it Whisky. Yamazaki 18 is one of the finest whiskies I have ever tasted.
    Nikka also spell theirs the Scottish way.

USA choose the Irish spelling.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    So tell us the difference then oh wise one? What do the Japanese and Indians produce, Whiskiy and Wiskie?
    tulip and tulipe.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X