• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It’s the will of the people"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Many Leave voters complained (and still do) about a £9m government funded leaflet distributed to all households prior to the 2016 referendum basically listing the advantages of remaining in the EU.

Will leavers likewise today complain about the seemingly endless £billions of public money being spent on preparing for No Deal just for the sake of honouring a referendum result that didn't even involve a leave plan and was solely run to ideologically divide the nation even more than it was and nothing to do with the pros and cons of EU membership?
    You keep spouting that tulipe, eventually someone might believe you.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Many Leave voters complained (and still do) about a £9m government funded leaflet distributed to all households prior to the 2016 referendum basically listing the advantages of remaining in the EU.

Will leavers likewise today complain about the seemingly endless £billions of public money being spent on preparing for No Deal just for the sake of honouring a referendum result that didn't even involve a leave plan and was solely run to ideologically divide the nation even more than it was and nothing to do with the pros and cons of EU membership?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Old news but making a comeback:

What will it be next, tulipting in the streets? Throwing your dead in the Thames? Undocumented code ?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Old news but making a comeback:

Britain could slash environmental and safety regulations on imported products after it leaves the EU, a Tory MP has suggested.

Jacob Rees-Mogg said regulations that were “good enough for India” could be good enough for the UK – arguing that the UK could go “a very long way” to rolling back high EU standards.
    What will it be next, tulipting in the streets? Throwing your dead in the Thames?

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Who is going to enforce a hard border? If the U.K. don’t do it, you think Ireland or the Eu would dare do it?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Maybe they didn't like the look of you. I can't imagine why...
    yeah you're right, I look too good, they were jealous

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    To offset the decline of the car industry since Brexit (and there are also other factors in play) as noted here: Brexit causes UK car industry investment to crash to 'pitiful' GBP90m | Business | The Guardian but also in nearly every other media outlet just in case Brexiters some out in a rash when reading the Guardian there is a upward curve in this industry: UK reclaims place as world's second largest arms exporter | World news | The Guardian which more than makes up for it...
    It's unlike you to share good news. I'll get the bunting out...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    To offset the decline of the car industry since Brexit (and there are also other factors in play) as noted here: Brexit causes UK car industry investment to crash to 'pitiful' GBP90m | Business | The Guardian but also in nearly every other media outlet just in case Brexiters some out in a rash when reading the Guardian there is a upward curve in this industry: UK reclaims place as world's second largest arms exporter | World news | The Guardian which more than makes up for it...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    If you ever have crossed the Irish - NI border during the troubles you know that it was pretty close to being closed, ofcourse traffic and people were allowed through but it took an awful long time
    It was easier to cross the border between West and East Germany at the time
    Maybe they didn't like the look of you. I can't imagine why...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's been happening more often than ever. I think he's generally failing. Perhaps a care package or something? Or call the local authorities?
    Or a don't care package.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    His real trigger is failing. And he has failed again.
    It's been happening more often than ever. I think he's generally failing. Perhaps a care package or something? Or call the local authorities?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You're the only one here who's insisting on things that you wish to be, but ain't.

Careful chaps - The definition of Britain/British is one of Ziggy's triggers. Maybe I should ask Admin to rename his account to Triggenare.
    His real trigger is failing. And he has failed again.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    ... however you might wish it to be, ain't.
    You're the only one here who's insisting on things that you wish to be, but ain't.

Careful chaps - The definition of Britain/British is one of Ziggy's triggers. Maybe I should ask Admin to rename his account to Triggenare.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought that was the will to leave of people married to me.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X