• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear™: Brexit bill: Cabinet backs PM's Brexit compromises offer"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "It includes the idea of a temporary customs relationship until the next general election, and measures on the environment and workers' rights. "

Brexit bill: Cabinet backs PM's Brexit compromises offer - BBC News

What a con: Tory Con™
    Has May asked the EU if they are willing to agree to a tempory customs union until a GE?
    If I spoke for the EU, I would say that is a non-starter.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    OOhh interesting.

A vote on a second referendum and a vote on a customs union. Vote the bill down and it's either cancel Brexit or a GE.
    Quite possibly. In which case most Tory MP's will vote to save their skins and cancel Brexit. Without Boris leading, they'll lose the next GE anyway, whether it's in 6 months or 2022, so I reckon they'll shoot for 2022, led by May or someone else equally poor. Can't see them choosing Boris, they are too cowardly.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    A vote to allow vote?
    But is it only an indicative vote which she will ignore and ask again

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    A vote to allow vote?

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    OOhh interesting.

A vote on a second referendum and a vote on a customs union. Vote the bill down and it's either cancel Brexit or a GE.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I don't think he'd be afraid to call a GE. The Tory party needs a clear out anyway, let them resign the whip.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    So? He'll make pact with Farage, we are truly doomed now, I tell ya, DOOMED!
    When did farage get elected to Westminster?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    So? He'll make pact with Farage, we are truly doomed now, I tell ya, DOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BOJO can easily get no deal Brexit. Don't ask for extension. Wait for Halloween. Simples.
    As long as he has a majority

MP's threaten to resign the Tory whip under Boris Johnson

A senior Tory said 12 or more MPs would refuse to serve under Mr Johnson, which would effectively deprive the Government of a majority.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    FFS, this is the worse deal out of the lot of them.

Put BOJO in control and let him try and get his No deal Brexit through parliament and into proper scrutiny so we can all have a good laugh.
    BOJO can easily get no deal Brexit. Don't ask for extension. Wait for Halloween. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    FFS, this is the worse deal out of the lot of them.

Put BOJO in control and let him try and get his No deal Brexit through parliament and into proper scrutiny so we can all have a good laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Agree. The cabinet are pathetic, Labour want a GE, let's hope the "bold offer" deal is roundly rejected by all.
    If labour would want a GE they should call a vote of no confidence now. There seem to be enough CON MPs at the moment who would support that. But just like the tories they will lose loads of seats, so they are not calling for an election

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    +2

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Given the parliamentary arithmetic, if May's deal is voted down, then

be afraid
    ....be very afraid

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Agree. The cabinet are pathetic, Labour want a GE, let's hope the "bold offer" deal is roundly rejected by all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X