• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear: General Election canned!"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I come on here for light relief
    OG can probably get you a discount.............and any creams and potions you may subsequently need.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Don't let that hold you back though .... I still expect proper banter I come on here for light relief
    have you tried candles?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Fair enough. When you put it like that....................
    Don't let that hold you back though .... I still expect proper banter I come on here for light relief

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    If you really need to know, I actually do everything around the house. I cook, clean, garden ... the whole caboodle. Not as you would believe, because I'm under the thumb, but because my wife is severely physically disabled and can't do much for herself, and her illness will unfortunately take her from me before we get old together. I'm obviously also her carer.

And in addition to all this I'm still a successful contractor

See, if you try hard, against all that life throws at you, success can be achieved. Instead of being a dick why not try and live your life more positively, you never know, you may actually feel better about yourself
    Fair enough. When you put it like that....................

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Well I am sure you help around the house too, so don't be too hard on yourself.
    If you really need to know, I actually do everything around the house. I cook, clean, garden ... the whole caboodle. Not as you would believe, because I'm under the thumb, but because my wife is severely physically disabled and can't do much for herself, and her illness will unfortunately take her from me before we get old together. I'm obviously also her carer.

And in addition to all this I'm still a successful contractor

See, if you try hard, against all that life throws at you, success can be achieved. Instead of being a dick why not try and live your life more positively, you never know, you may actually feel better about yourself

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    . Wife pays all the bills and more. What I earn is icing on the cake.
    Well I am sure you help around the house too, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Looks like Labour will be throwing their weight behind Common Market 2.0 this evening. If this goes through it becomes law on Wednesday if it is confirmed.

Mrs May will then have to enact it whether she wants to or not.

Apparently Labour have decided to throw their weight behind this option precisely because that would most enrage the Brexiteers in the ERG.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Your name will go on the list. Of people who can afford to pay a lot more tax. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can just leave it in the company or pay it into a pension, those loopholes will surely be closed ASAP.
    Meh. Happy to pay my taxes. No mortgage. No other debt. Limited outgoings. Wife pays all the bills and more. What I earn is icing on the cake. If I get taxed a bit more, so be it

If only brexidiots hadn't voted out eh? Oh well, if brexit delivers a Labour government and destroys the Tories well, it's what they deserve for pushing the leave vote

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I'm a contractor.
    Your name will go on the list. Of people who can afford to pay a lot more tax. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can just leave it in the company or pay it into a pension, those loopholes will surely be closed ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    If that happened, guess what SNP, LibDems would demand in return for propping up a Labour government?

Sign this Article 50 letter Jeremy.

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    Looking forward to a Corbyn led coalition with SNP, LibDems, Greens et al.
    If that happened, guess what SNP, LibDems would demand in return for propping up a Labour government?

Sign this Article 50 letter Jeremy.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Nope. Cheap social housing for the scroungers -> more tax on the workers to pay for it all, except a higher minimum wage -> higher interest rates to control inflation -> houses less affordable to the worker.

If you want cheap debt, get it now!

Just make sure you can still repay it when they want more back for it in the future.
    Debt is only an issue for those that need it. No mortgage here ... I see only the upside

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Total economic collapse under Labour?
    I'm a contractor. I thrive on change. Bring it on

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    The alternative Corbyn Government?

Not really thought it through have you? No change there.

Looking forward to a Corbyn led coalition with SNP, LibDems, Greens et al. The Kippers and gammons will explode, so win-win

It'll cost the country, but as they say about Brexit, it will be worth it

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Cheap cheap house prices here we come.
    Nope. Cheap social housing for the scroungers -> more tax on the workers to pay for it all, except a higher minimum wage -> higher interest rates to control inflation -> houses less affordable to the worker.

If you want cheap debt, get it now!

Just make sure you can still repay it when they want more back for it in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X