• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: March coming

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "March coming"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I don't think there should be another referendum but there were other people who would have liked one....

As Farage said in 2016:

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    The trouble is, passing May's WA will just be the end of the beginning. There'll be years of more arguing and division before we get an actual deal.
    Yep .. the irony that brexiters don't get is this is only the start of things. It's going to get messy once we leave and we start to negotiate trade and future relationship deals with an organisation we've tried to shaft over the past 2.5 years We ain't seen nothing yet

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    My preference would be to just get on with brexit and leave, under a controlled deal, so we can get on with running the country.
    The trouble is, passing May's WA will just be the end of the beginning. There'll be years of more arguing and division before we get an actual deal.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    My preference would be to just get on with brexit and leave, under a controlled deal, so we can get on with running the country.
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    That bit I agree with.
    Are you sure you agree? You seem confused about what you actually want.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2614801

Because I want us to leave without a deal and negotiate after the event. I want things to be shaken up.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    We all know you have no friends, but I'll humour you anyway .....

Go through my past posts and you'll see that I specifically argue against a second (well, technically third) referendum. I'm not convinced that another referendum will add any value or help to heal the divisions in society that brexiters have created.

If there was another ref it would need to have very clear options, not just 'leave' or 'remain'. We know what remain means as we live it today, but any 'leave' option needs to be spelled out fully Whether it is May's deal, WTO, Norway or whatever, all the pros and cons should be presented honestly (something brexiters struggle with I know) so that the public know exactly what they are voting for.

My preference would be to just get on with brexit and leave, under a controlled deal, so we can get on with running the country. Then I want to see this awful Tory party destroyed in the next GE so they never get into power again in my lifetime. Farage to lose every seat he fights for and for his sick party to be short lived.

We need a brexit that delivers to brexiters what they deserve so they can feel the pain that they have voted for. Then, in less than 10 years time we can see how bad a decision this was, vote to rejoin the EU and join on their terms without the vetos we have today. Perhaps then we can be a positive member rather than the spoilt child that we are today.
    That bit I agree with.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Oooh, quoting out of context, love it.

On the topic of another referendum, what do you think would happen if "Leave" won, again?

Would you want another referendum after that one?

What if "Remain" won, would the "Leave" chaps be entitled to another referendum in a couple of years?

Just asking, you know, for a friend...
    We all know you have no friends, but I'll humour you anyway .....

Go through my past posts and you'll see that I specifically argue against a second (well, technically third) referendum. I'm not convinced that another referendum will add any value or help to heal the divisions in society that brexiters have created.

If there was another ref it would need to have very clear options, not just 'leave' or 'remain'. We know what remain means as we live it today, but any 'leave' option needs to be spelled out fully Whether it is May's deal, WTO, Norway or whatever, all the pros and cons should be presented honestly (something brexiters struggle with I know) so that the public know exactly what they are voting for.

My preference would be to just get on with brexit and leave, under a controlled deal, so we can get on with running the country. Then I want to see this awful Tory party destroyed in the next GE so they never get into power again in my lifetime. Farage to lose every seat he fights for and for his sick party to be short lived.

We need a brexit that delivers to brexiters what they deserve so they can feel the pain that they have voted for. Then, in less than 10 years time we can see how bad a decision this was, vote to rejoin the EU and join on their terms without the vetos we have today. Perhaps then we can be a positive member rather than the spoilt child that we are today.
    Last edited by Whorty; 17 February 2019, 10:28.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I don't think there should be another referendum but there were other people who would have liked one....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    "was" being the key word there fella. You'll find that the reason your gang don't want a recount is because you no longer have a majority. Now the truth is known, the people will reverse their decision.
    Oooh, quoting out of context, love it.

On the topic of another referendum, what do you think would happen if "Leave" won, again?

Would you want another referendum after that one?

What if "Remain" won, would the "Leave" chaps be entitled to another referendum in a couple of years?

Just asking, you know, for a friend...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Doesn't matter, at the last time of counting our gang was bigger than there's by way over a million.
    "was" being the key word there fella. You'll find that the reason your gang don't want a recount is because you no longer have a majority. Now the truth is known, the people will reverse their decision.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Remainers plan mass march and key vote in last days before Brexit

Remainers plan mass march and key vote in last days before Brexit | Politics | The Guardian
    Doesn't matter, at the last time of counting our gang was bigger than theirs by way over a million.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 17 February 2019, 09:48.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Beware the Whines of March!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    ah the Losers vote they keep talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    WGAS. Mail will organise a patriotic march.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic March coming

March coming

Remainers plan mass march and key vote in last days before Brexit

Remainers plan mass march and key vote in last days before Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

Working...
X