• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Corbyn's end game

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Corbyn's end game"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Isn’t that your current attitude anyway, don’t listen to anyone who disagrees with you, no matter how wrong you are?
    Don't ascribe to pigheadedness behaviour that is better explained by cretinism. He just doesn't get it and is doing his best.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Isn’t that your current attitude anyway, don’t listen to anyone who disagrees with you, no matter how wrong you are?
    all governments of all colours adopt this approach.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    No I was merely pointing out the errors in the arguments being made regarding disenfranchising voters. My post was achieved exactly what I wanted it to. It exposed the Remainers attempts to use a 2nd referendum as a thinly veiled attempt to overturn the democratic process. Remainers have no problem with keeping options like No Deal, or Canada deal or Norway deal off a 2nd referendum ballot paper, but when it is suggested that for exactly the same reasons remain should be excluded they cry foul.

Anybody who calls for a 2nd referendum based on two choices is anti-democracy itself.
    Nobody cried foul, it was just the echoes in your own head.

If some version of Remain is not in the ballot paper I will be disappointed, but not disenfranchised.

I suggest you get a dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    No I was merely pointing out the errors in the arguments being made regarding disenfranchising voters. My post was achieved exactly what I wanted it to. It exposed the Remainers attempts to use a 2nd referendum as a thinly veiled attempt to overturn the democratic process. Remainers have no problem with keeping options like No Deal, or Canada deal or Norway deal off a 2nd referendum ballot paper, but when it is suggested that for exactly the same reasons remain should be excluded they cry foul.

Anybody who calls for a 2nd referendum based on two choices is anti-democracy itself.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Well if you take that approach as we voted to leave in 2016 we do not need remain on the ballot paper as no one will mind as no one will be disenfranchised will they!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Not having your preferred option on the ballot paper of either one is not being disenfranchised.

HTH.
    Well if you take that approach as we voted to leave in 2016 we do not need remain on the ballot paper as no one will mind as no one will be disenfranchised will they!

HTH

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There is just one reason why this country (same in USA) still keeps first past the post system - it creates olygopoly and both parties are complicit in keeping it that way.

Problem is when things run into heavy issue like Brexit that splits both parties - now they are going to drive us over the cliff because of it.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Get real and stop being so stupid. A GE and A REFERENDUM are the same and yet so different.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Not having your preferred option on the ballot paper of either one is not being disenfranchised.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    In England, Scotland and Wales the voting system for the European elections is the d'Hondt system of proportional representation - regional closed list. In Northern Ireland the system is Single Transferable Vote.

Since 1999 voters in Britain have elected MEPs under a proportional representation system. The European Parliamentary Elections Act of that year introduced a regional list system with seats allocated to parties in proportion to their share of the vote.

This explains how Farage gets voted in as it's a vote for the party not the person, if it had been the person then he would have suffered the same fate he has when trying to get into the Houses of Parliament

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I’ve done a lot actually.

But it’s not good time or place to discuss it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, that word - they are as Regular as was your “service” in an Army Regular, “Sarg”
    You keep rabbiting on about MY Army Service.

I suspect deep down there is a degree of envy going on.

But enough of me, tell me what YOU did in the Army?

Leave out the bits that involved hiding under your bed. That would be too dreary.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes, that word - they are as Regular as was your “service” in an Army Regular, “Sarg”

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I am happy with any outcome on Referendums as long as they are regular
    These Euro ones ARE regular. They come along every 40 years or so whether they are needed or not.

Good to see you are finally coming round to the idea of Leaving.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I am happy with any outcome on Referendums as long as they are regular (at least annual), and obviously there is mechanism to revote if necessary same question.

Plus jail for liars like Farage and foreign money takers like Banks pr whatever his name is

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Referendum is good proportional representation.
    And obviously as you are such a fan of PR, presumably you are quite happy with the Referendum outcome?

Oh Dear!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X