• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Work in EU after No Deal"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Ireland is probably the only country that will be unaffected in terms of rights of British citizens. .

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by kermitt View Post
    Thanks for all the replies folks, much appreciated!

I may have the opportunity for a staff role elsewhere in the UK so I'm going to investigate that further.
    It is unlikely there will be a no deal, and if there is, a business visa will just entail some additional hassle at the French embassy.

Mind you there might be huge queues there

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Typically alternate WFH Mon & Fri with 2-3 days spent in Paris, then the following week WFH.
    It sounds like you'll fall under the 90-days-in-180 limit for a normal business visa, but you should get professional advice.

Leave a comment:

• kermitt
    replied
    Thanks for all the replies folks, much appreciated!

I may have the opportunity for a staff role elsewhere in the UK so I'm going to investigate that further.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    In case of a no deal you will have the same rights as someone from Nigeria or Afghanistan to work in the EU. i.e. none

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Typically alternate WFH Mon & Fri with 2-3 days spent in Paris, then the following week WFH.
    In the event of a no deal you will need the following visa:

Business trip | France-Visas.gouv.fr

Leave a comment:

• kermitt
    replied
    I'm half way through a six month contract so renewal date is one month after the Brexit deadline.

The project will take up to mid 2020 so renewal is likely although not guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• kermitt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Is the work done in the UK - you just happen to be dealing with a French company and occasionally go to meet them face to face?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Thanks,

Is that a yes to the visa/work permit?
    Yes. Your freedom of movement has been removed.

Or a yes to being ok until after the transition period ends?
    If the Withdrawal Agreement is signed, then you will be okay u TIL the transition period ends.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

That is a yes until the transition ends. Rules for business visits need to be figured out. You may require a short term visa for that, but that depends on the rules in France that they currently have for non-EU countries.

Leave a comment:

• kermitt
    replied
    Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Is the work done in the UK - you just happen to be dealing with a French company and occasionally go to meet them face to face?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You won't have any right to work in France in the event of a no deal. In Germany for example, the government have advised that all rights to reside and work will be rescinded for all British nationals and they will have to re-apply for residency and work permits.

I very much suspect however no deal won't happen. If the deal goes through then you will get a reprieve until 2020.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Will I need a visa/work permit to work in France after Brexit?

I'm a UK citizen , living in UK, WFH through own Ltd with occasional business trips for client meetings in France.

Project will last up to Mid 2020, so does the transition period to Dec 20 offer any help.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• kermitt
    started a topic Work in EU after No Deal

Work in EU after No Deal

Will I need a visa/work permit to work in France after Brexit?

I'm a UK citizen , living in UK, WFH through own Ltd with occasional business trips for client meetings in France.

Project will last up to Mid 2020, so does the transition period to Dec 20 offer any help.

Working...
X