• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work in EU after No Deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work in EU after No Deal

Will I need a visa/work permit to work in France after Brexit?

I'm a UK citizen , living in UK, WFH through own Ltd with occasional business trips for client meetings in France.

Project will last up to Mid 2020, so does the transition period to Dec 20 offer any help.

Originally posted by kermitt View Post
    Will I need a visa/work permit to work in France after Brexit?

I'm a UK citizen , living in UK, WFH through own Ltd with occasional business trips for client meetings in France.

Project will last up to Mid 2020, so does the transition period to Dec 20 offer any help.
    Yes.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You won't have any right to work in France in the event of a no deal. In Germany for example, the government have advised that all rights to reside and work will be rescinded for all British nationals and they will have to re-apply for residency and work permits.

I very much suspect however no deal won't happen. If the deal goes through then you will get a reprieve until 2020.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is the work done in the UK - you just happen to be dealing with a French company and occasionally go to meet them face to face?

Comment

Thanks,

Is that a yes to the visa/work permit?

Or a yes to being ok until after the transition period ends?

Comment

That is a yes until the transition ends. Rules for business visits need to be figured out. You may require a short term visa for that, but that depends on the rules in France that they currently have for non-EU countries.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks,

Yes. Your freedom of movement has been removed.

If the Withdrawal Agreement is signed, then you will be okay u TIL the transition period ends.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Is the work done in the UK - you just happen to be dealing with a French company and occasionally go to meet them face to face?
                Typically alternate WFH Mon & Fri with 2-3 days spent in Paris, then the following week WFH.

Comment

I'm half way through a six month contract so renewal date is one month after the Brexit deadline.

The project will take up to mid 2020 so renewal is likely although not guaranteed.

Comment

Typically alternate WFH Mon & Fri with 2-3 days spent in Paris, then the following week WFH.
                    In the event of a no deal you will need the following visa:

Business trip | France-Visas.gouv.fr
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X