• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guess who's back

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guess who's back"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    You have brain like a potato, the country left, if someone holds a Danish passport they can move anywhere in the EU, so they saw it as a win win. You brexidiots have a lose lose situation
    BTW technically Algeria also left after independence from France
    Really? When was the EU formed? When did Greenland leave the EEC?

Let's play a game, I'll give you 2 numbers.

1993 and 1985

You put the numbers next to the relevant questions.

Oh and with respect to Algeria leaving the EU, they didn't. They left France in 1962 thus exiting by default, the Common Market.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 18 December 2018, 09:15.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Erm, nope, they didn't. Greenland voted in a referendum to leave the EEC - however Citizens of Greenland are, nonetheless, EU citizens within the meaning of EU treaties and Danish nationality law.

So, go for a walk, have a think, and then we can argue some more.

By "argue" I mean you spout tulipe and I'll correct you.
    You have brain like a potato, the country left, if someone holds a Danish passport they can move anywhere in the EU, so they saw it as a win win. You brexidiots have a lose lose situation
    BTW technically Algeria also left after independence from France

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    It has been proven Greenland left a long time ago
    Erm, nope, they didn't. Greenland voted in a referendum to leave the EEC - however Citizens of Greenland are, nonetheless, EU citizens within the meaning of EU treaties and Danish nationality law.

So, go for a walk, have a think, and then we can argue some more.

By "argue" I mean you spout tulipe and I'll correct you.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    That is yet to be proven!
    It has been proven Greenland left a long time ago

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    And why is that an empire? No one has been conquered, there is no dictator, there are no slaves and no secret service watching every move you make. And everyone is free to leave.
    That is yet to be proven!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Something which has a currency, a parliament, an Executive, a diplomatic service and is about to have an army - and you call it a trading block? If that's not the greatest lie ever told I don't know what is...
    And why is that an empire? No one has been conquered, there is no dictator, there are no slaves and no secret service watching every move you make. And everyone is free to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    This is the great Brexit lie. The EU is not trying to make an empire. It is a trading block with other rules and regulations aligned. Many areas around the world are or have formed similar blocks (ASEAN, SADC). These blocks are none a bad thing. They're never going to be perfect but they're certainly not as bad as empires forged through violence.
    Something which has a currency, a parliament, an Executive, a diplomatic service and is about to have an army - and you call it a trading block? If that's not the greatest lie ever told I don't know what is...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    How naïve.
    Meh. Your view.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    This is the great Brexit lie. The EU is not trying to make an empire. It is a trading block with other rules and regulations aligned. Many areas around the world are or have formed similar blocks (ASEAN, SADC). These blocks are none a bad thing. They're never going to be perfect but they're certainly not as bad as empires forged through violence.
    How naïve.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    The British Empire was probably the most guilty of extreme arrogance, hence there's not much of it left. A few of the Bahamas and some rock the Spanish can't stop getting their knickers in a twist over. I see nothing to prevent the EU going the same way over the coming decades. Making up some rules, and expecting the rest of the world to fall in line does not necessarily a glorious and prosperous future make.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    It all flies over your head, doesn't it. All the great Empires of history have fallen down on the same thing - by believing they are the dogs dangly bits, and forgetting that the majority (or the rest of the world) think they are a bunch of s

The EU will be consumed by their own ideology in the same way that everyone from Charlemagne to Hitler was. Discuss...
    At last, a Brexiter who understands that we can't go back to the great British Empire as its days are long over. Welcome to the modern world of countries working together without the need for violence and force (well, if you ignore Russia and the US)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Now stop talking down the Great British Empire, that is traitorous talk and Nigel will be round shortly to give you a stern talking to...
    The British Empire was probably the most guilty of extreme arrogance, hence there's not much of it left. A few of the Bahamas and some rock the Spanish can't stop getting their knickers in a twist over. I see nothing to prevent the EU going the same way over the coming decades. Making up some rules, and expecting the rest of the world to fall in line does not necessarily a glorious and prosperous future make.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Now stop talking down the Great British Empire, that is traitorous talk and Nigel will be round shortly to give you a stern talking to...
    Ah yes. When Britain rules two thirds of the earth. While destroying most of it. And almost everyone in Britain lived in total poverty.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    You're a factor 10 too low (but you probably deny the Holocaust so your numbers will be lower)

Is it necessary to blame the grandchildren for the crimes their grand parents committed?
    If I denied the Holocaust why would I mention "6 Million people" who we can largely agree were non-combatants and can be referred to as "Murdered"?

As for blaming the grandchildren, where did that come from? My point was that the atrocities committed by the Germans in the run up to and during WWII seem to have been offloaded to the "Nazi's" - and the Germans largely "forgiven".

So in the grand scheme of things, helping in saving my country from being dragged ever further towards an EU superstate isn't a major crime, not like "Genocide" :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It all flies over your head, doesn't it. All the great Empires of history have fallen down on the same thing - by believing they are the dogs dangly bits, and forgetting that the majority (or the rest of the world) think they are a bunch of s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X